No announcement yet.

Late term abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will answer for this one day and they will not be cheering then.

Comment

No real Catholic approves of any kind of abortion.

Gary

Comment

Yeah, except part of that same bill changed how ALL unborn are treated. Now, in NY, if a person kills a pregnant mother the person is only charged with killing her, not the unborn child. The bill basically says a baby isn't a baby or a human until he or she is born.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
          So you shoot and kill a pregnant woman in NY now and you don't get charged with two counts of murder?
          Nope, not the way the law reads that his royal a**hole signed.

Comment

Andrew Cuomo says pro-lifers are not welcome in the State of New York

Comment

I read into it a little because of all the outrage. Seems like the major change is allowing late term (after 24 weeks) abortions IF the fetus isn’t viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother. That part of it, to me, is not unreasonable.

I’m not a fan of abortion, and I’d be willing to be that even its supporters are not chomping at the bits to kill babies, as many would have us think. It’s a sad thing, and I think most everyone would agree with that. We need to focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies. I’d much rather pay for effective birth control than someone’s unwanted, government (taxpayer) dependent child.

At the end of the day, I can’t take a strong stance against abortion and have a clear conscious. I am not at the front of the line to adopt, for example, a drug addicted child of color. Neither are 99% of the people yelling about it, or foster systems wouldn’t be full of unwanted children. It is a character flaw on my part and I’m not scared to admit it, because I know there are a lot of good folks out there that are trying to adopt.

In my opinion, until you’re ready to stand outside that clinic, flag down the next desperate, sad young lady that walks through that parking lot, and offer to take on the burden of her child, both emotionally and financially, you don’t have a leg to stand on. I think people know that and it gets to them.

Comment

After 24 weeks the only legal abortions will be for non viable fetuses or if the mothers life/health is endangered.

But, all of the social media things that I've seen shared seem to insinuate that a healthy pregnancy can now be terminated full term. Which simply isn't the case. Just stirring the pot and firing up the base.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  There have already been several comments about the NY state law that passed that now permits late term abortion. This has been the best analogy I’ve seen so far

So a doctor and a mass murderer walk into a building. The doctor walks in and gives abortion to a 30 week old child, at about the same time a mass murder shoots at a woman with a 30 week old child inside her, the child dies but she survives. The doctor lives to abort another day. The psychopath murderer is charged with 1st degree murder and is sentenced to life without parole.

All 3 of my kids were born at 36 weeks or less. None of them required extended hospitalization or procedures. This is murder, plain and simple.
                  My son was born at 36 weeks, we heard his heartbeat at just under 6 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                    At the end of the day, I can’t take a strong stance against abortion and have a clear conscious. I am not at the front of the line to adopt, for example, a drug addicted child of color. Neither are 99% of the people yelling about it, or foster systems wouldn’t be full of unwanted children. It is a character flaw on my part and I’m not scared to admit it, because I know there are a lot of good folks out there that are trying to adopt.

In my opinion, until you’re ready to stand outside that clinic, flag down the next desperate, sad young lady that walks through that parking lot, and offer to take on the burden of her child, both emotionally and financially, you don’t have a leg to stand on. I think people know that and it gets to them.
                    This is why I have always been pro choice. Not loud and proud about it by any means though.
                    It is usually not a good well rounded person(s) who go in for abortions. You think San Fran, Chicago, Baltimore etc etc are bad now....imagine if abortion had always been illegal??
                    So by this logic you would think Dems would be against it right? Almost guaranteeing endless millions of future democrats. Instead they support killing their own.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                      After 24 weeks the only legal abortions will be for non viable fetuses or if the mothers life/health is endangered.

But, all of the social media things that I've seen shared seem to insinuate that a healthy pregnancy can now be terminated full term. Which simply isn't the case. Just stirring the pot and firing up the base.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Yep, I was under the impression that it could be a healthy pregnancy. Don't think folks would be near as enraged about non viable fetuses or if the mother's life was in danger.

Comment

I read into it a little because of all the outrage. Seems like the major change is allowing late term (after 24 weeks) abortions IF the fetus isn’t viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother. That part of it, to me, is not unreasonable.
                        - Read the definition of "health of the mother."
                        According to Doe Vs. Bolton it's "physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age - relevant to the well-being of the patient."
                        ie: my mom will be be mad so it's in my best health interest to abort.

I’m not a fan of abortion, and I’d be willing to be that even its supporters are not chomping at the bits to kill babies, as many would have us think. It’s a sad thing, and I think most everyone would agree with that. We need to focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies. I’d much rather pay for effective birth control than someone’s unwanted, government (taxpayer) dependent child.

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        This is why I have always been pro choice. Not loud and proud about it by any means though.
                        It is usually not a good well rounded person(s) who go in for abortions. You think San Fran, Chicago, Baltimore etc etc are bad now....imagine if abortion had always been illegal??
                        So by this logic you would think Dems would be against it right? Almost guaranteeing endless millions of future democrats. Instead they support killing their own.
                        My heart breaks at these statements. I would much rather hear an argument over whether or not a fetus is a living being or a mass of tissue than to here things like this. Help me understand how it makes sense to say that they'd rather a person not be born than vote differently? I have family members I love dearly that polar opposite of me politically. I have never thought, "man they should have never been born, that way they wouldn't cast a vote for my political opponent!

And for the record, there are multitudes of people across this country that can't have children and would love that baby being aborted. Like the unborn child, these parents are never given a chance.

As far as it "usually not being a well rounded person who go in for abortions" I would argue that many times it has nothing to do with someone being "well rounded." It has to do with mothers being scared to death. It has to do fear of the unknown future.

Assuming for a second that you are 100% correct and it's a bat $#*t crazy person that goes in for an abortion. Should a psychiatrist have the right to euthanize them if they are deemed crazy and a burden on society? What's the difference between that fetus and the crazy mother desiring an abortion?

At the end of the day, that beating heart in the womb is either a life or it is not. If it's a life, than abortion is murder.
                        Last edited by Jason; 01-25-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Unbelievable - As much as people may not want to discuss it, intercourse is not all pleasure and good times. There are consequences for actions. People need to take responsibility for their actions. There are precautions for a reason.

If you participate in sex, a baby could very well be the result.

Abortion is murder, period.

The only caveat I attach to my belief is if the encounter is not consensual.

Comment

The problem is that the law itself reads, “protect the life AND HEALTH of the mother. That’s the key right there. It also allows particular licensed individuals and not necessarily doctors to perform them. So they do the licensing paperwork and then make up any BS that would effect the health of the mother to justify murder

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                              The mindset and morality of Democrats is disgusting.
                              they have no morality,,

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Unbelievable - As much as people may not want to discuss it, intercourse is not all pleasure and good times. There are consequences for actions. People need to take responsibility for their actions. There are precautions for a reason.

If you participate in sex, a baby could very well be the result.

Abortion is murder, period.

The only caveat I attach to my belief is if the encounter is not consensual.
                                IMO if someone is raped they should have a very short time frame to take a pill that prevents pregnancy. I do not believe in the BS of coming out 5 months later saying I was raped and didn't know he got me pregnant.

Comment

Working...
                                X