No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****...do we at least get an email saying we didn't win? Man...I been trying for two years to get a spot and was hoping to get one this year. This is my last year being stationed here.

Comment

Says Lotto is over I didn't make it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like there are about 75 or so more circles than last year, but a lot of those circles were drawn up with no consideration as to terrain, so some will be out in the middle of nowhere, possibly looking like a moonscape.
        Lot of folks will be blindly picking a circle without any scouting.

Comment

It'd be interesting to see how many people put in for the draw this year

Comment

Looks like we're at about 50% draw success on the green screen. With all the added archery spots, I'm surprised we didn't do better. I missed out too.

Comment

Originally posted by L C View Post
              Looks like we're at about 50% draw success on the green screen. With all the added archery spots, I'm surprised we didn't do better. I missed out too.
              Yeah that sucks... Anyone got any leads on any wtd spots now that Bullis is off the table this year?

Comment

Originally posted by 5qu1n7 View Post
                Yeah that sucks... Anyone got any leads on any wtd spots now that Bullis is off the table this year?

It's a drive but I've hunted the last 2 years at Lake Whitney Corps property.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra768 View Post
                  It's a drive but I've hunted the last 2 years at Lake Whitney Corps property.
                  I grew up on Whitney... Went to Whitney high school, maybe interested in heading up that way. I've got family that live in China Spring near there.

Comment

Looks like there's still a little hope...

Says another draw on Monday for unclaimed circles...fingers crossed.

Comment

I got drawn! First time in 3 years of applying. Any advise from anyone that has hunted out there? Are there generally good and generally bad areas to hunt in or are they all generally the same? Really just hopeful to get a doe or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra768 View Post
                        Does anyone know how good the doves are out there and where to go for doves on Bullis?
                        There used to be some fields set aside as dove fields but I don't think anything has been done to them in several years. Dove hunting is pretty low out there.

Not many tanks to hunt over, there is one on Lundy's Lane in 3A-3B area. I can't remember the exact TA since its been a while since I've been out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                          I got drawn! First time in 3 years of applying. Any advise from anyone that has hunted out there? Are there generally good and generally bad areas to hunt in or are they all generally the same? Really just hopeful to get a doe or two.
                          I always told the hunters that if you are patient and no one busts the quota on a baby buck, I could see a high percentage of hunters with the chance of taking a 120+ anywhere on Bullis. Now with the doe harvest requirement, it may help you out. However, 10-11B were always low on harvests even though the counts would show that the deer are out there. It may be all the cedar in many of those locations, but we cleared 1,000's of acres while I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5qu1n7 View Post
                            Looks like there's still a little hope...

Says another draw on Monday for unclaimed circles...fingers crossed.

Every year there are several "winners" who don't claim their stand and sometimes there are 4-5 lotteries just to fill the spots and all winners who selected or didn't select their stand are omitted from each lottery so only the people that weren't selected are in the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                              Every year there are several "winners" who don't claim their stand and sometimes there are 4-5 lotteries just to fill the spots and all winners who selected or didn't select their stand are omitted from each lottery so only the people that weren't selected are in the pool.
                              I'll be waiting with my fingers crossed. Congratulations to those picked and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                                I always told the hunters that if you are patient and no one busts the quota on a baby buck, I could see a high percentage of hunters with the chance of taking a 120+ anywhere on Bullis. Now with the doe harvest requirement, it may help you out. However, 10-11B were always low on harvests even though the counts would show that the deer are out there. It may be all the cedar in many of those locations, but we cleared 1,000's of acres while I was there.
                                Thanks for the advise. I made my preference list based on google and will await the call to make my pick. First time hunting these hill country deer, accostumed to hunting in east Texas. Looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X