No announcement yet.

Chromebook or Macbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe you are getting a lot of good advice to get her a MacBook. I had about 10 PC's we used in my business of all different brands, but mostly Dell, and HP. I ended up buying a MacBook Pro in 2008 and quickly replaced every PC we owned. They just work and last forever. The one I bought in 2008 is still working fine as of now.

Comment

We got my son a mid grade Chromebook and it is quite a bit faster than some more expensive laptops because it isn’t hampered by Windows. I’ve been pleased with it for spending $450. It’s a 15” Lenovo. It is more than plenty for school and internet, especially since high school is done completely online these days

Comment

As others have mentioned, my MacBook Pro has been running for 8 years without a single issue, besides the battery, which I just had replaced locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          The MAC will last a long time. My MB Pro lasted 10 years.

I consider any other notebook to be disposable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

X2, this.

A MacBook might seem expensive, but it is “long run” worth it.

Comment

See what software the school is using. My beat its gonna be more Windows based. If that is the case than don't get a MAC. Yes, you can buy similar software that can work but the issue comes with securing which MAC's are crazy hard to work around. If you do go Apple ask the school to confirm its connectivity and usability.

Comment

My vote is Mac. I have a 2016 Pro that I use daily, I put a UAG case on it when I bought it and it has been near bulletproof. I’m very hard on computers and it has held up flawlessly being toted everywhere I go and definitely not pampered. Only issue I had was recently had to replace the battery, was $200 but no battery lasts forever.

Comment

Between the two I'd get a MAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                  See what software the school is using. My beat its gonna be more Windows based. If that is the case than don't get a MAC. Yes, you can buy similar software that can work but the issue comes with securing which MAC's are crazy hard to work around. If you do go Apple ask the school to confirm its connectivity and usability.
                  Unless it is a specific program for a major you can use the exact same programs on Mac. I run Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and they operate nearly identical.

Comment

I am a Mac fan, have a mini Hd model and a Mac Book Pro. Both are over 10 years old. Until last week they worked flawlessly. Started having problems with my desk model. Took it to Geek squad and was told that Apple no longer sends security updates for units that old and that without those updates my unit might run fine for a while but eventually will start acting up. I’m having trouble getting my units to recognize my printers. Sometimes it will print and sometimes I get the message “cannot locate printer”. Called Cannon Printer Co. and they told me pretty much the same thing about my computer not getting updated. Both units are having problems printing now. I guess that after 11 years of flawless performance I shouldn’t complain. Just have to bite the bullet and buy another Mac. Cannon said my problem was not a printer problem but a computer problem. It won’t recognize the printer drivers.

Comment

If it’s in the budget then go Mac, my Map book pro is going on 10years old and still works just fine. If I had to replace it today I’d be going back with the Mac for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mac for sure and I believe Apple might have some sort of a back to school specials going on.

Comment

Working...
                        X