Chromebook or Macbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromebook or Macbook?

Daughter needs a new lap top, which one should we look at? She's a Junior in high school and would like to get her something that will last her thru college. She's not a gamer or anything just needs to be able to get on internet, download stuff, save, send and print documents. what's a good size for memory to look for etc?
    Thanks

I have both. The Chromebook is very slow, the kids use it for school. If I lost my Mac today I would have another one before the day is out. It is a fantastic machine.

Comment

This is what she has now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had a few chromebooks for work. They were usually lower end models and worked fine. My daughter has a Macbook, but usually uses my wife's Surface laptop when she needs to do school work.

Comment

I agree with the Microsoft Surface, great machine.

Comment

The MAC will last a long time. My MB Pro lasted 10 years.

I consider any other notebook to be disposable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                The MAC will last a long time. My MB Pro lasted 10 years.

I consider any other notebook to be disposable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                This.^^^^

Comment

I'm a macbook fan but switched over to a Lenovo laptop. It's been great for the last 2.5 years.

Comment

Hands down go with a Macbook. A Macbook will last much longer than a Chromebook and a MacBook is by far the most popular computer on a college campus.

Comment

The saying "you get what you pay for" is very true when it comes to computers.
                      The MAC will have longevity and is less prone to having issues with viruses.

Comment

My Mac is 10+ years old and is better than any other family members windows or chrome book.

Comment

Mac Pro or Mac Air.
                          There is a reason the others are so much cheaper.
                          Check pricing at B&H Photo.

Comment

Another vote for MacBook...I have had Chromebook, SurfacePro and MacBook. Chromebook was not bad but of no comparison to the MacBook. Finally the Surface Pro was the biggest piece of junk I have ever used I had nothing but trouble out of them(3).

Comment

While I do like the price tag of a chromebook when it comes to using it for college it will fall short of capabilities. She will need something that supports the entire Microsoft Suite for all her papers, spreadsheets and power points.

Comment

Working...
                              X