No announcement yet.

$3000-3250 budget what rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get an APR then buy a Swarovski Z3 with BRH reticle and Warne rings. I vote 270

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      Would you school me on this please? Where do you find these?
      Snipershide.com

Comment

For the suppressor, I would recommend the Q Thunder Chicken. It is super quiet and light. I've shot it next to my brothers .308 w/ a Sig can and it has my .300wm almost as quiet as his .308 shooting factory ammo. POI shift is also minimal. That will run you at least $1150.

For the rifle, based off of your budget, I would take a look at the Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon line. I have one in 300wm. It was a little finicky with ammo at first, but I have a reload that is holding it right at an MOA. I believe it is available in both of the calibers that you are looking at. I would take the 7mag over the .270

Comment

How about a Bergara Ridge in 270? It’s a threaded barrel sub MOA rifle.

Rifle $700
          Base $80 (Seekins Precision)
          Rings $50-120
          Scope $300 minimum.

This is what I would do if I was looking at this set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            My buddy just bought a Barrett and he absolutely loves it. He has it topped with a Nightforce and that thing is super light.
            Did you see the op’s budget?.......lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              Did you see the op’s budget?.......lol

LOL.....not a 50cal. Barrett is making more rifles now. My buddies is a 6.5cm.

Comment

$1000 for a suppressor...I would recommend a Omega.
                $1000 for a decent scope.
                Leaves you $1000 to $1500 for a rifle....

If your going with 7mm mag or 280ai which are wonderful calibers your going to need a 24” barrel to get the most out of that caliber....add a 6” to 8” can on there and it’s going to be crazy long to try to hunt with. Personally I would forget the suppressor and put that money towards the rifle. Or build a 7-08 or 308 at 20” which is all the barrel you need for those calibers and then use your suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                  APR Maverick. I’d split the difference of those two cartridges and go .280 AI.

Solid suggestion right here. Not belt on the case to worry about if you reload. Great overall round.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    $1000 for a suppressor...I would recommend a Omega.
                    $1000 for a decent scope.
                    Leaves you $1000 to $1500 for a rifle....

If your going with 7mm mag or 280ai which are wonderful calibers your going to need a 24” barrel to get the most out of that caliber....add a 6” to 8” can on there and it’s going to be crazy long to try to hunt with. Personally I would forget the suppressor and put that money towards the rifle. Or build a 7-08 or 308 at 20” which is all the barrel you need for those calibers and then use your suppressor.

This is good advice and what I would also recommend. I bought a Tikka CTR 308 for the rifle part which is extremely accurate and suppressor ready. Great setup. Of course, now I have changed my mind and am going to sell the Tikka and go full blown custom. Its only money.🙄

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                      My buddy just bought a Barrett and he absolutely loves it. He has it topped with a Nightforce and that thing is super light.

Which one?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

So much for being excited about my $349 30-06 i was thinking about getting at cabelas...AHAHAHA good on ya OP!!

Comment

Just bought that scope, great choice I love mine. For the suppressor I went with the Omega because of length and all around versatility. With your budget I would look at a Browning X Bolt. I also have a Weatherby Vangaurd that gets the call most of the time for Elk. If you go to $4K you might consider a Christenson Ridgeline. Of the Calibers you listed I’d go with the 7 mag for sure. 270s kill Elk but not near as well as a 7 mag especially at 500 yards.

Comment

Also my opinion is for an Elk gun I stay away from Customs. My reason is at 500 yards my $500 gun is just as effective and I don’t have to hold back tears if I scrape it up busting through the brush.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              Which one?

Sierracharlie out…

He said it was a Barrett Fieldcraft. I just looked it up and it’s more than I thought it was. May still fit his budget though.

Comment

Bergara HMR in whatever caliber you want. These retail at 1100 but if you find a dealer willling to negotiate I paid 900 out the door for mine and have shot it out to 1100 yards.

Vortext scope 1300

Rings and rail 300

I missed budget by couple hundred but thats my set up and I like it.

Atlast bipod 300

Half nelson suppressor made by Q 750

I missed budget by couple hundred but thats my set up and I like it. Could always leave off the bipod and add it later.

Comment

Working...
                                X