No announcement yet.

Easy drawing bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Cam, very smooth. It's not a speed bow, but very forgiving.

Comment

Try a 50 - 60# Mathews Chill R with Rock mods. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

I was drawing my Mathews Traverse 4 days after bone spurs were taken out of my shoulder. 70# draw feels lighter than my old Hoyt set at 60#.

Comment

Less draw weight.

See a doctor for why the issue and how to treat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Mathews Halon. It has the smoothest draw cycle of any bow that I have shot.

Comment

In the same boat as several of you- coming off a torn biceps tendon and looking for a smoother bow in the 55-65# range.

Heard good things about the Mathews Tactic- any put their paws on one yet??

Comment

Mathews Halon

Comment

Originally posted by Shortya View Post
                  Mathews Halon

Doesn't the short brace height and short ATA create angles that aren't great for forgiveness?

Comment

I've been shopping around the last few months for the same reason...looking for a smooth draw cycle. Going to 2 ASA Pro/Ams this year helped and gave me an opportunity to shoot several different brands in one spot because all the vendors were at them.
                    I had an Elite Option 7 and although it held and shot great, I got to where I hated drawing the bow. I've never been sold on one brand so I threw all the brand names in the pot and gave everyone a fair shake.

The ones I liked best were: Xpedition Mountaineer X, Xpedition Denali and Bowtech Reign 7. I also Liked the OB FXL and FX7.

I settled on a 65# Mountaineer X and so far I really like drawing/shooting it.

Hope this helps you on a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Texar View Post
                      I've been shopping around the last few months for the same reason...looking for a smooth draw cycle. Going to 2 ASA Pro/Ams this year helped and gave me an opportunity to shoot several different brands in one spot because all the vendors were at them.
                      I had an Elite Option 7 and although it held and shot great, I got to where I hated drawing the bow. I've never been sold on one brand so I threw all the brand names in the pot and gave everyone a fair shake.

The ones I liked best were: Xpedition Mountaineer X, Xpedition Denali and Bowtech Reign 7. I also Liked the OB FXL and FX7.

I settled on a 65# Mountaineer X and so far I really like drawing/shooting it.

Hope this helps you on a decision.
                      Thanks! Doesn't look like any Xpedition Dealers in the DFW area... bummer!

Comment

Not sure if you’re still looking but I shoot a 2012 Elite Synergy and it is super smooth. At 68lb DW and 29.5” DL with 537gr arrows, I’m shooting 254 FPS. Not blazing fast but I’ve got great momentum. Might be worth you checking one out. I absolutely love mine and won’t be looking for a new bow for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by matt.howell411 View Post
                          Not sure if you’re still looking but I shoot a 2012 Elite Synergy and it is super smooth. At 68lb DW and 29.5” DL with 537gr arrows, I’m shooting 254 FPS. Not blazing fast but I’ve got great momentum. Might be worth you checking one out. I absolutely love mine and won’t be looking for a new bow for a while.

I bought an Elite Ritual back in February, very happy with it

Comment

Very nice! [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
                              I bought an Elite Ritual back in February, very happy with it
                              I liked the elite synergy I had. I basically bought it used from here just to see if it lived up to the hype. I thought it was as smooth or smoother than my Mathews creed at the time. I didn’t notice a significant difference enough to rig it up and replace the Mathews. A couple years later I shot the halon and there was a significant difference. The pull felt a tiny bit “harder” but it was smooth and fast. I did shoot an xpedition xcentric a little bit. It was a FAST and smooth bow, but it was definitely a harder draw than what I was used to.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                                Get you a well-made string follow longbow. Smooth.
                                Bob Sarrels of Sarrels Archery makes some string follow Yukon Longbows. Ive a 64” Yukon 38@28. Super sweet shooter....3 under, split, flemish loose. I picked it up last year after torn bicep surgery. It doesnt like tossing my 500 plus grain arrows uphill very far but super easy to draw and hold.

Good luck MKK.

Comment

Working...
                                X