My Video Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Video Journey

My video journey, Wow there is a ton of things to learn about just getting the equipment needed to start. Thanks to Michael and hours of research online I found the direction I wanted to go. I slowly started making orders online and getting some small things to be ready for my bigger purchases.
    I ended up going with a Canon SL2 kit used on EBay. Its not a super high end camera but it is a starting point for me. I decided to invest more money in a lens ( 75-300m F4 L lens) for it so when/if I wanted to upgrade I can just upgrade my body and still have a good lens ( for a Canon).Now i have to wait on UPS to deliver my Camera and Lens sometime around the 7th. I also have some Gopros for reverse angle shots.
    My long term goal is to have a YouTube (KTC2) channel about my family's hunting adventures and teaching my 8 and 2 year old daughters the outdoor lifestyle.
    I will come back to this post and update as I learn and also with some questions I am sure I will have.

Good luck. It’s addicting for sure.

Comment

Well my camera came in and I'm going to play with it this weekend getting all the setting set up. I did make a mistake and ordered the wrong lens :-( I order a 300m fixed lens and not a 70-300m lens so I'm having to return it and then get another lens.

How do yall carry your gear to the field?

Comment

Thats the wrong lens i ordered, its going back today and i think i found a 70-200m f4 L lens for a good price to replace it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be a sweet setup with the 70-200 glass! I'm looking forward to your productions!

I've found that Domke wraps protect the camera/lenses and allow me to change packs depending on the situation.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks, i took some pictures this evening of my daughter and wife in black and white and wow!!! The quality is amzing for the price!

Comment

New lens should be in this Friday!!!! Just in time to play with some hogs this next week!!

Comment

Look what came in!

Comment

Nice! Now get to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

If its not one thing its another.... lol camrea and lens are to heavy for my tripod I have now. Going to town ASAP to look for a better one.
                    Hog hunts are planned for this week.

Comment

Sit number 2 with the set up!

Comment

Nice setup! Any luck with hogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Not yet, we moved the feeders around and the hogs havent found them yet. The river is up so high all but 1 feeder is under water also. Going to try again tonight.

Comment

So far I have ran into trouble with the tripod, I am not self filming. I have been filming my niece trying to get her first bow kill. I have a GoPro for a reverse angle and my DSLR for the main camera but trying to get video from one window to the other has been a challenge..... IF you are not self filming have yall ever free handed Or any other tips or tricks? Thanks in advance!

Comment

2 younger nieces here waiting on there older sister to get a hog so they can tey next with a crossbow!

Comment

Working...
                              X