No announcement yet.

Service DEF System???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too also had a code come up regarding the DEF problem before reading this thread and had O Reilly to delete it on my truck.

After reading this thread the light came on again. I went back to O Reilly's again to see if was the same code, well it wasn't. A code of P04E3 came up, something to do with crankshaft ventilation. I googled it and that code had a repair bulletin attached to the code with a extended warranty to 120,000 miles.

I went to the Ford dealership and he confirm the bulletin and would repair it. I asked him him about the DEF problem and he confirmed it as well.

I have now a appointment for the repairs this week, so I guess we will see. Service was very nice in taking care of both issues.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
      Care to elaborate?
      I can't speak for him but an acquaintance of mine was pulling a travel trailer near yellow stone last summer when they had an emissions break down. Ford did not have the parts and could not get them in a timely manner. They directed them to a diesel shop who did a delete on their truck.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. They were in Glenrose at Dinosaur Valley when they were pulled over by DPS for going 2mph over. He wrote them a ticket for tint, warning for 2 over, and then looked under her truck and wrote her an emissions ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
        Haven't had the issue with any of my 4th gen rams, but I had my DEF heater go out on my 2014 6.7 powerstroke. Dealer wanted 750 to fix it. I used that money for a programmer and deletes.
        I to had mine go out on a 14 6.7, ford ended up covering it as a extension of your warranty,it is not a recall ,I don't know the difference between a extension and a recall but they covered it as long as I had the check engine light on when it went in the dealer

Comment

“Hope they dont crack down on deletes soon. One reason i dont want to get a diesel. 1500/2500. Cost of repair and known emissions issues along with if they crack down alot of people are going to be getting rich off the guys that deleted and threw out all the emissions stuff.“

It’s coming! You can thank all the “coal rollers”
          Just FYI I would rather delete, but I know that it’s about to get real expensive for the deleted crowd and the shops who are passing inspections on deleted trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
            I can't speak for him but an acquaintance of mine was pulling a travel trailer near yellow stone last summer when they had an emissions break down. Ford did not have the parts and could not get them in a timely manner. They directed them to a diesel shop who did a delete on their truck.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. They were in Glenrose at Dinosaur Valley when they were pulled over by DPS for going 2mph over. He wrote them a ticket for tint, warning for 2 over, and then looked under her truck and wrote her an emissions ticket.
            Everybody I’ve heard of getting busted for it has been in the Stephenville/Glen Rose area.

Comment

Inside info?
              Nope, I just hear the crack down is coming. Been seeing alot of deleted trucks are being sold.

Comment

Can you delete the 2020 ford diesel? If not I might get the 7.3 gas

Comment

Drove to the dealer, they said the code is a stored code, not active. Also that DEF equipment is classified as electronics, not power train, therefore out of warranty coverage. They said drive it a while and see if the CEL clears. Drove about 40 miles, stopped and got new DEF. When I got back in the CEL was gone. Hopefully it stays that way.
                  Dodge tried that with me on my ecodiesel. I fought it and told them that it falls under emissions and I’m not paying a dime to fix my truck. They ended up covering it. I deleted my powerstroke so it never gives me emission issues anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
                    Everybody I’ve heard of getting busted for it has been in the Stephenville/Glen Rose area.
                    Well isn't that just peachy, right in my own back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      I would think at that mileage you should be covered.
                      I would love to delete my truck, but worry about future consequences.
                      As well you should.... a crackdown is coming eventually. The government doesn't like being told F you.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                        As well you should.... a crackdown is coming eventually. The government doesn't like being told F you.
                        But I like telling them "F" you!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                          But I like telling them "F" you!!!!!!
                          I'm sure they would over look the delete for you then.

Comment

Everyone saying there will be a crackdown. The crack down started years ago. The solution? Run a muffler, don't violate numerous laws, and don't drive like a ****** off teenager.

I've yet to see any on this site actually get the ticket that was 100% minding their own business and not driving like they were in the Indy 500. "I was only doing 62 in a 60" doesn't work when you got to 62 in 8 seconds with a big cloud of black smoke behind you. And no one is going to ever admit they drive like chit and deserved the ticket.

Comment

I personally think those guys are the ones that bring the topic to light. I 100% agree if i had one id go over a few bad speed bumps for it to "Fall Off". But im worried as usual in alot of these things we like here the few will ruin it for the majority. They will start visual inspections i bet you as it becomes more of a big deal to the EPA.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              My speculation is the only "crack down" happens when someone drives their deleted truck like they stole it, leaving clouds of black smoke every chance they get. The the officer will go out of his way to write a ticket for exhaust.

Those folks that properly tune their delete, that put a muffler on to calm down the noise, that aren't driving their 8500 lb trucks like a Ferrari will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                Everyone saying there will be a crackdown. The crack down started years ago. The solution? Run a muffler, don't violate numerous laws, and don't drive like a ****** off teenager.

I've yet to see any on this site actually get the ticket that was 100% minding their own business and not driving like they were in the Indy 500. "I was only doing 62 in a 60" doesn't work when you got to 62 in 8 seconds with a big cloud of black smoke behind you. And no one is going to ever admit they drive like chit and deserved the ticket.
                                Good theory but not what happened in the case i mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X