This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]1057215[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by oktx; 07-30-2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Good post, sir.

Only issue is the SEC "gauntlet" myth has been exposed. I'm betting Texas gets a favorable schedule the first couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I am hoping there is no "favors" to the Texas schedule. I sure don't recall any favors entering the league.

Yall can talk all you want about how favorable our schedule is this year. My response is, "its about time"! Our run game and defense will be really good this year. If we can find a QB I see no reason why we can't have a special season in Aggieland
      Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 07-30-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Good take. I was waiting for you to chime in. I am curious if you see the league going away from the LOS as in years past with all the new offensive minds in the game that like to run the spread and go fast. The guys up front are always important, but if the ball is out of the hand in less than 2.5 seconds and teams are running 90 plays a game, I can see having those traditionally SEC type linemen not be as important.

I will take great OL / DL over subpar any day, but don't you think teams will be able to compete better with subpar OL / DL than they have in the past based on the new offenses in the league? Everybody wants those LOS guys, but there are not enough to go around it seems.
        Heath - as always you raise some good points and I agree the SEC is becoming a more offensive league. You just don't see teams like Ole Miss (outstanding offense that gets the ball out quickly) perform very well against defenses with a lot of depth. Now they may score 34 points against a Bama or LSU but they also can't stop anyone. Not to mention the teams with the depth up front, especially on the OL, just control the clock with the run game and neutralize these high powered spread offenses by keeping them off the field.

Not sure I can answer your question very well but time will tell.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Invitation accepted.

Now, let’s see if this move has SEC speed.
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            The forgotten 8 just have to hold tight and they will receive the millions and then find landing spots afterwards. There are no group of 5 teams the other conferences are going to add before adding teams left in the Big 12, the rest is just scare tactics to get the conference to fold so espn/and the two schools that left don't have to pay the penalty fees, aTm leaking the move early really threw a wrench in it.
            Let's be honest. The 8 remaining schools are in a really bad spot. Reality just hasn't set into their fan bases as of yet. Honestly, I put them in two groups.

1. Screwed at least in the short-term, perhaps in the long-term
            - Tech, KU, OkSt, ISU, WVU

2. Screwed for the long-term and on path to the AAC or similar.
            - Kstate, Baylor, TCU

Seriously, where are they gonna go? The Big10, PAC and ACC don't have to expand, but just for grins, assuming the push is for 4, 16 school conferences.

Big 10 - currently has 14 so can add 2
            ACC - currently has 14 so can add 2; but does have a side agreement with ND
            PAC - currently has 12, so can add 4
            SEC - has 16 now, so assume they are capped
            ND is the 100 lb. gorilla that might eventually have to join one

KU and ISU are the only two that even have a snowballs chance at the Big10. Both are AAU and at least are somewhat in the conference foot print. Based on academics alone, none of the other schools fit.

WVU is on an island. Their only shot is the ACC, which has passed on them in the past. They can't join the PAC due to geography and they don't have the academics for the Big10. The ACC could still add WVU, but what makes Baylor, TCU or KState better fits than other schools like Cindy or UCF. Not to mention, the ACC might hold out with even the slightest possibility of ND joining.

Tech and OkSt have a slither of hope with the PAC. They could be packaged together or with two others. However, none of these combinations make the PAC increase it's value, at least not more than incrementally.

Baylor and TCU have no hope for the PAC due to their religious affiliations, even it they are almost non-existent these days. They don't have the academics for the Big 10 and aren't in the ACC Region and again, what makes them any better than other schools closer to the ACC? KState is in the same boat. That's why I say all 3 of their fates land with the AAC or similar.

This is turning into a dirty business. This is no knock on the above schools. There's plenty other schools that are currently grandfathered into the grown-up table, that if thrown into a similar predicament, would be screwed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
              Let's be honest. The 8 remaining schools are in a really bad spot. Reality just hasn't set into their fan bases as of yet. Honestly, I put them in two groups.

1. Screwed at least in the short-term, perhaps in the long-term
              - Tech, KU, OkSt, ISU, WVU

2. Screwed for the long-term and on path to the AAC or similar.
              - Kstate, Baylor, TCU

Seriously, where are they gonna go? The Big10, PAC and ACC don't have to expand, but just for grins, assuming the push is for 4, 16 school conferences.

Big 10 - currently has 14 so can add 2
              ACC - currently has 14 so can add 2; but does have a side agreement with ND
              PAC - currently has 12, so can add 4
              SEC - has 16 now, so assume they are capped
              ND is the 100 lb. gorilla that might eventually have to join one

KU and ISU are the only two that even have a snowballs chance at the Big10. Both are AAU and at least are somewhat in the conference foot print. Based on academics alone, none of the other schools fit.

WVU is on an island. Their only shot is the ACC, which has passed on them in the past. They can't join the PAC due to geography and they don't have the academics for the Big10. The ACC could still add WVU, but what makes Baylor, TCU or KState better fits than other schools like Cindy or UCF. Not to mention, the ACC might hold out with even the slightest possibility of ND joining.

Tech and OkSt have a slither of hope with the PAC. They could be packaged together or with two others. However, none of these combinations make the PAC increase it's value, at least not more than incrementally.

Baylor and TCU have no hope for the PAC due to their religious affiliations, even it they are almost non-existent these days. They don't have the academics for the Big 10 and aren't in the ACC Region and again, what makes them any better than other schools closer to the ACC? KState is in the same boat. That's why I say all 3 of their fates land with the AAC or similar.

This is turning into a dirty business. This is no knock on the above schools. There's plenty other schools that are currently grandfathered into the grown-up table, that if thrown into a similar predicament, would be screwed as well.
              The talk between the PAC 12 an Big 10 is heating up on a merger, and it may just be 6 of the PAC schools. The Power group of schools is currently 65, I think you are going to see that reduced to half or more 32 (or 24 so its smaller than the NFL) and they pull away from the NCAA. At some point the SEC and this Big 10 PAC merger becomes the power 2 conferences (NFC AFC light) Other than maybe Kansas the remaining Big 12 teams were never going to be in this final power cut.

Comment

5-star Safety Jacoby Mathews has just decommitted from LSU. Ranked a top 30 player in the class of 2022 (#2 Safety).

He will be in CStat this weekend for the pool party! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  Heath - as always you raise some good points and I agree the SEC is becoming a more offensive league. You just don't see teams like Ole Miss (outstanding offense that gets the ball out quickly) perform very well against defenses with a lot of depth. Now they may score 34 points against a Bama or LSU but they also can't stop anyone. Not to mention the teams with the depth up front, especially on the OL, just control the clock with the run game and neutralize these high powered spread offenses by keeping them off the field.

Not sure I can answer your question very well but time will tell.
                  That's what Jimbo is trying to do. Saban is full speed ahead. They have a stout D though. That's why they dominate. Texas hopes to duplicate with the new staff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My better half was eating breakfast at the Stella this morning in Bryan and Jimbo is on the scene

Deyon Bouie (ex 5* DB, high 4* now) is there with his family decked out in Ag gear (Grandpa too) - he's from Georgia. Decommitted after last visit from them. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls trigger for us this weekend

Walter Nolen - #3 overall player 5* DT is there - said he looks like a grown man

Jacoby Matthews (5* Safety) - Just decommitted from LSU and will be at the pool party tomorrow for his second visit

Comment

A&M revenge is now dropping bags all over. I don't think they are worried about the SEC gentlemen's agreement with recruiting anymore.

Comment

Sounds like the 11:00am kickoffs were really pissing OU off. [emoji23]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            My better half was eating breakfast at the Stella this morning in Bryan and Jimbo is on the scene

Deyon Bouie (ex 5* DB, high 4* now) is there with his family decked out in Ag gear (Grandpa too) - he's from Georgia. Decommitted after last visit from them. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls trigger for us this weekend

Walter Nolen - #3 overall player 5* DT is there - said he looks like a grown man

Jacoby Matthews (5* Safety) - Just decommitted from LSU and will be at the pool party tomorrow for his second visit
                            Are the ones there all wearing hoodies donated by Jimbo?

Comment

Texas and OU fans remind me of Flounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X