Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the scoop on this....the American Athletic Conference makes a run at them. According to Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports, the AAC is attempting to take all eight remaining members of the Big 12. Earlier reports stated just three to five, but a full merge of the conferences is wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      You will. The LHN will be defunct soon enough. SEC network will be your newest friend.
      As a Longhorn, I found that LHN was really only good for baseball, game day pregame and occasional football pieces. My father, who has dementia, loves to watch the replay of the games though. I may have to buy him a bunch of dvd replays.... I would bet the remaining payout of LHN will help pay for the conference buyout or some agreement with ESPN? I would assume LSU would love to have $300million?

Comment

So is this thing happening in 2025 or sooner? I don't know how to feel about all this, honestly. Tech hasn't been competitive in football since Leach left, despite having a couple of superstar quarterbacks for a while in there. I feel like the ineptitude of the football program is the sole reason why we were left in the wake, and it's a **** shame Hocutt didn't get a coach in there to put us on the map. I'm hearing rumors of the PAC with OSU, but nothing would surprise me at this point. I've always disliked A&M more than tu, but with this and the poaching of orange judas, they might just be tied in my eyes. A game where I can truly celebrate a loss, however it goes! Hope it works out for you whorns, good riddance for tech, no matter how it falls out for us. I know the money in it drives all, but I think we'll be fine any way it goes. Interesting to see it play out, in any event.

Comment

Jim Donnan just made a good statement. Look at Missouri’s, Nebraska’s, and ATM’s conference records since leaving the Big 12. That’s how strong the SEC and BIG are compared to the B 12.
          A&M has had two much better seasons in the SEC than they had in their last decade in the Big 12. Nebraska (and Arkansas) lost their DFW recruiting connection when they left. It killed Arkansas basketball as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the SEC. LFG!

Comment

I figured aggie wouldn’t vote and make it 13-0. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                As a Longhorn, I found that LHN was really only good for baseball, game day pregame and occasional football pieces. My father, who has dementia, loves to watch the replay of the games though. I may have to buy him a bunch of dvd replays.... I would bet the remaining payout of LHN will help pay for the conference buyout or some agreement with ESPN? I would assume LSU would love to have $300million?
                Of course. They could buy a new set of gumbo bowls.

Comment

You will. The LHN will be defunct soon enough. SEC network will be your newest friend.

Texas is still owed 10 years, that’s about to come into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There’s a lot of Longhorns that believe the LHN curse is the reason for Texas mediocrity ever since it started. They are excited to see it going away and think it’s the sacrifice that needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      I figured aggie wouldn’t vote and make it 13-0. LOL!
                      No more layups for y’all year after year owning a conference. But I suspect OU will do just fine!

Comment

Party time!

ac

Comment

Time for two programs to put on big-boy training pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                            No more layups for y’all year after year owning a conference. But I suspect OU will do just fine!
                            Yup, I’ll admit we won’t win it every year now. Should do very well. Our staff has positioned them very well for this. It almost like they knew it was coming.

Comment

Jim Donnan just made a good statement. Look at Missouri’s, Nebraska’s, and ATM’s conference records since leaving the Big 12. That’s how strong the SEC and BIG are compared to the B 12.

Look at them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Look at them before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, not to mention Mizzou winning the East twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X