This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Pretty incredible that they were able to keep this quiet as long as they did. Nobody outside the room has a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
      Talking to an LSU alum at the gym this morning who is pretty close to the program. Don't believe everything you read on the twit and interwebs. tu might not get the votes needed according to his inside sources... and he rubs elbows with $ guys in BR. Trust me... i have to hear all kind of **** from this guy but he seems to know before it all comes out. He is pretty solid.

I know that contradicts the local experts here...
      My alumni contacts from other SEC schools are saying the same thing. Majority rather take OU and OKst then TU. They are toxic and not wanted. We shall see.

On a side note, if this does happen fast... what happens to all the scheduled games under contract the next several years? Do majority of those games stay on schedule or is it one Big domino effect and everything gets canceled and new schedules?

Comment

Would A&M/LSU maintain Thanksgiving weekend or kick it back to A&M/Texas? Either one would be fun!

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
          Haha how can you speak on academics when you didn't even go to UT??? And jealous? How so and why? Jealous we aren't going to take a back seat to way better programs when we claim to be the best? Jealous that no matter what you do, you will not beat bama or win a SEC championship? Jealous that we didn't ruin a conference bc of greed and ran off many schools over the last 10 years then flee to a new conference? Jealous that we had to swallow our pride on a failed network we insisted on and now have to fall back in line with reality that we aren't as good as we thought and aren't "Back" ? I'm confused why you think this? UT couldn't win in the Big 12 and you think they are magically gonna win now in a harder conference? You sound just like Aggies trying to brag about being in a conference and boasting the achievements of the other schools to boost themselves.

So yea definitely not jealous in any way shape or form. Everyone is trying to get to the same playoff. Yall just taking a harder road.
          Wow.

Lol.

You definately got a burr under your saddle. This whole comment sounded like it came from an Aggie. Lol.

You failed to answer the first question.

The whole academics thing. I merely stated what I heard.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            My alumni contacts from other SEC schools are saying the same thing. Majority rather take OU and OKst then TU. They are toxic and not wanted. We shall see.

On a side note, if this does happen fast... what happens to all the scheduled games under contract the next several years? Do majority of those games stay on schedule or is it one Big domino effect and everything gets canceled and new schedules?
            Same thing that happend when Nebraska Colorado left and when Aggie Mizzou left, arything get rescheduled

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              I have a hard time believing that Texas / OU would not have the votes if they are this far down the path. If they filed for membership and are denied, I am sure there is some litigation that would come from that. I am sure there are guarantees in place.

I am hearing two different things. Texas is mediocre and Texas is a threat and shouldn't be in the voted in. You are telling me the SEC teams don't want a $15M increase in pay for a "7-5" team? Which way is it?

They do have leverage and don't have to make the jump. Their are options.
              Everyone know Texas brings a lot of money, that is the sole only reason to bring them in. It’s every other reason in the world not to bring them in. They just need to go Independent like ND

Comment

Only people saying this isnt going to happen are Aggys lol

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  Everyone know Texas brings a lot of money, that is the sole only reason to bring them in. It’s every other reason in the world not to bring them in. They just need to go Independent like ND
                  What are the other reasons?
                  Last edited by Heath; 07-23-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Pretty incredible that they were able to keep this quiet as long as they did.
                    Same thing with the Sark and Chris Beard hire. Its amazing the Texas Athletic Department has been so tight lipped on these moves. Over the years, that office had the loosest lips of anybody in the country. The Board, the Ad, and the President are all in step together and its a great thing to see. It gives me hope that things are truly turning around in Austin.

Comment

First report you heard it here, a dude at some gym said no way it happens…. Then second report, guys has “alumni” connections, One reason to bring TX in, money, everything else about TX bad.
                      Aggy reporting at it’s finest ��
                      So entertaining haha

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                        Would A&M/LSU maintain Thanksgiving weekend or kick it back to A&M/Texas? Either one would be fun!

ac

I want to start playing am earlier in the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

The SEC's vote will be 14-0 even if it's not 14-0.

This is from a huge SEC Texas hater. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Chad C; 07-23-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            I have a hard time believing that Texas / OU would not have the votes if they are this far down the path. If they filed for membership and are denied, I am sure there is some litigation that would come from that. I am sure there are guarantees in place.

I am hearing two different things. Texas is mediocre and Texas is a threat and shouldn't be in the voted in. You are telling me the SEC teams don't want a $15M increase in pay for a "7-5" team? Which way is it?

They do have leverage and don't have to make the jump. Their are options.

Same. From the brand recognition and added income, I have a hard time believing they won’t get the votes.

Comment

Hopefully Texas can draw Bama as a cross division rival.

Comment

When does Paul start the trolling process for bets.

Comment

Working...
                                X