This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    WV has to be looking for an exit as this is going down. They’re the oddball when it comes to travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ACC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
      ACC?

One would think.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        So if this were to happen, what season would they start playing in the SEC?

Depends, but I highly doubt it’s 2025.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          So if this were to happen, what season would they start playing in the SEC?
          It more than likely depending on the other teams in the Big 12. If 2-3 more teams jump ship, the Big 12 is dissolved and they would start in 2022 season. If the Big 12 tries to hold it together, then you are looking at the 2024 season unless there is some sort of buy out / exit fee. I can't see the SEC / Texas / OU giving the Big 12 much a life line; however, they are going to want to get these two teams in the league as soon as possible in my opinion.

I can not see Texas / OU in the Big 12 for several years knowing they are jumping ship. These road games are going to be fun.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Comment

https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...156379655?s=21

I’ll be tuned in heavily next week [emoji897]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                You think that A&M is currently ahead of OU as a program? They went 8-1 last year. OU is a national championship favorite this year. Why would they be 7-5? They would skull drag Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and all of the east teams except Georgia and Florida. Seems as if you are disgruntled. Jealous maybe.

Won't Texas get the same recruiting boost A&M did? Being that they already have top 10 classes wouldn't that boost elevate them to Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State tertitory? Like 4-6 5 star guys each year?

I heard the Pac 12 may frown upon the academic standards of Tech, TCU and Oklahoma State.

Haha how can you speak on academics when you didn't even go to UT??? And jealous? How so and why? Jealous we aren't going to take a back seat to way better programs when we claim to be the best? Jealous that no matter what you do, you will not beat bama or win a SEC championship? Jealous that we didn't ruin a conference bc of greed and ran off many schools over the last 10 years then flee to a new conference? Jealous that we had to swallow our pride on a failed network we insisted on and now have to fall back in line with reality that we aren't as good as we thought and aren't "Back" ? I'm confused why you think this? UT couldn't win in the Big 12 and you think they are magically gonna win now in a harder conference? You sound just like Aggies trying to brag about being in a conference and boasting the achievements of the other schools to boost themselves.

So yea definitely not jealous in any way shape or form. Everyone is trying to get to the same playoff. Yall just taking a harder road.

Comment

Some of the comments… Lol

Comment

Depends, but I highly doubt it’s 2025.

Depends if the remaining 8 hold together or fall apart, if they hold alliance they can drag this out and make it more painful for UT/OU and from notes I heard from last nights meeting that's the way its going right now. Make no doubt UT and OU want teams to start jumping ship to other P5 conferences, they wouldn't have to pay the grant of right penalty millions if the conference dissolved. Problem is I don't think its worth it to the PAC, BIG or ACC to take on any of the remaining teams as that only strengthens UT and OU financially (no GOR penalties) which in turn strengthens SEC which the other conferences don't want to see.

Comment

Talking to an LSU alum at the gym this morning who is pretty close to the program. Don't believe everything you read on the twit and interwebs. tu might not get the votes needed according to his inside sources... and he rubs elbows with $ guys in BR. Trust me... i have to hear all kind of **** from this guy but he seems to know before it all comes out. He is pretty solid.

I know that contradicts the local experts here...

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                        Depends if the remaining 8 hold together or fall apart, if they hold alliance they can drag this out and make it more painful for UT/OU and from notes I heard from last nights meeting that's the way its going right now. Make no doubt UT and OU want teams to start jumping ship to other P5 conferences, they wouldn't have to pay the grant of right penalty millions if the conference dissolved. Problem is I don't think its worth it to the PAC, BIG or ACC to take on any of the remaining teams as that only strengthens UT and OU financially (no GOR penalties) which in turn strengthens SEC which the other conferences don't want to see.

I’d assume they’d come to terms, so they could add quickly if they plan to survive. The AAC is watching closely.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                          Talking to an LSU alum at the gym this morning who is pretty close to the program. Don't believe everything you read on the twit and interwebs. tu might not get the votes needed according to his inside sources... and he rubs elbows with $ guys in BR. Trust me... i have to hear all kind of **** from this guy but he seems to know before it all comes out. He is pretty solid.

The SEC and ESPN will make it happen. They'll get the votes.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

It won’t matter if it’s the SEC, these two are gone.

But, I think this was done before the leak. Lol

Only the governor could stop it. But, somebody was hoping they could get the legislature involved.

Comment

LOL ACC would love that, they are already lifting their skirt to UT/OU and they would go if SEC declined

Comment

I have a hard time believing that Texas / OU would not have the votes if they are this far down the path. If they filed for membership and are denied, I am sure there is some litigation that would come from that. I am sure there are guarantees in place.

I am hearing two different things. Texas is mediocre and Texas is a threat and shouldn't be in the voted in. You are telling me the SEC teams don't want a $15M increase in pay for a "7-5" team? Which way is it?

They do have leverage and don't have to make the jump. Their are options.

Comment

Working...
                                X