This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    I’d say it’s only going to get worse if the check clears. How quickly will Finebaum go from irrelevant to….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Add Herbstreit in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Tech preparing for life in G5?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Looking like PAC 12 for Tech if rumors are true but who knows. Not being that competitive in football makes the sting a lot less lol.

Money aside, that neither is bleeding for, I hope OU is ready for 7-5 seasons as the norm and for UT... haha well nothing changes for them except a few more spots further back on the bus. Never seen two fan bases, especially UT, so eager and happy to get their teeth kicked in hahaha. It is going to be funny seeing UT expect all the favorable treatment the Big 12 gave them then getting backhanded by the SEC and bent over by Bama. Careful what you wish for boys!
      Last edited by Fmjag64; 07-23-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I couldn't keep up with this thread, so it may have already been said:

The SEC doesn't really have a choice but to take Texas and OU. They've made it clear they want out of the B12, and the risk of them joining another, competing conference is too great for the SEC. Texas and OU in the Big10 would diminish the SEC's dominance a lot (I'm not sure the Big10 would allow OU in for academic reasons - it would make OU and Nebraska the only schools in the conference not in AAU).

No matter your opinion on the schools, the SEC would be foolish not to vote UT/OU in. As a UT alumn who travels to road games, I would prefer the Big10, but there's no doubt the SEC is the current powerhouse and I'd be happy to be a part of the conference. I'd love to renew the rivalry with TAMU; not sure why they're so against this move.

Comment

Does this round of conference reshaping finally force ND football to play in conference?

Comment

Buddy that's pretty connected and usually in the know just texted and said it's a done deal. No shock but would be nice to see an official report.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
              Does this round of conference reshaping finally force ND football to play in conference?

You’d think so

Comment

I think their association with the ACC allows them to stay independent until there is a pressure to go to a Super League with 4 leagues with 16 teams. If ND joins a conference the ACC has their rights. I think they are the last one to jump in the boat and they are going to let this play out.

Comment

If the playoff goes to 12 teams, I would think that Notre Dame has more reasons to stay independent.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                    If the playoff goes to 12 teams, I would think that Notre Dame has more reasons to stay independent.

This is also very true, considering the typical love they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      I think their association with the ACC allows them to stay independent until there is a pressure to go to a Super League with 4 leagues with 16 teams. If ND joins a conference the ACC has their rights. I think they are the last one to jump in the boat and they are going to let this play out.

Probably so.

I would rather have the SEC pick up Texas, leave OK out, and poach Va. Tech from the ACC, but that’s for
                      selfish reasons. An A&M vs. Va. Tech game at Lane would give me a no doubt reason to go back for a visit.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week.

Are you not entertained…

Oh wow…. A&M left out of the discussions? That’s not a lot of respect shown for the SEC west 2nd place champion.

And I’m extremely entertained

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Looking like PAC 12 for Tech if rumors are true but who knows. Not being that competitive in football makes the sting a lot less lol.

Money aside, that neither is bleeding for, I hope OU is ready for 7-5 seasons as the norm and for UT... haha well nothing changes for them except a few more spots further back on the bus. Never seen two fan bases, especially UT, so eager and happy to get their teeth kicked in hahaha. It is going to be funny seeing UT expect all the favorable treatment the Big 12 gave them then getting backhanded by the SEC and bent over by Bama. Careful what you wish for boys!
                          You think that A&M is currently ahead of OU as a program? They went 8-1 last year. OU is a national championship favorite this year. Why would they be 7-5? They would skull drag Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and all of the east teams except Georgia and Florida. Seems as if you are disgruntled. Jealous maybe.

Won't Texas get the same recruiting boost A&M did? Being that they already have top 10 classes wouldn't that boost elevate them to Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State tertitory? Like 4-6 5 star guys each year?

I heard the Pac 12 may frown upon the academic standards of Tech, TCU and Oklahoma State.

Comment

I’d say it’s only going to get worse if the check clears. How quickly will Finebaum go from irrelevant to….

Agreed.

Comment

WV has to be looking for an exit as this is going down. They’re the oddball when it comes to travel.

Comment

So if this were to happen, what season would they start playing in the SEC?

Comment

Working...
                                X