This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Texas / OU isn’t knocking on your door, they are knocking on your parents door. This move is not about the ex, it’s about securing the future.

Y’all have spent 10 years telling us how great the SEC is and we have watched A&M be able to compete so why wouldn’t we join. The landscape of college athletics is changing and Texas / Ou are controlling their own destiny.

If I was TX and OU I would want to join. The current draw of the Big 12 schedule is overall bad unless you have a tie with the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My opinion is you are not giving the TCU, WVU, KState, etc of the Big 12 enough credit. They aren’t programs that are world beaters like Bama and LSU but they can play just like Arkansas and the Miss schools. A&M has about the same conference record in the Big 12 and the SEC. Don’t take this as the Big 12 is a better league, but in my opinion the competition is better than you give it credit for. The link to the Action Sports article backs up my claim.

The Big 12 has some great coaches and Texas has been going to battle with coaching chumps the last 7-8 years. Hopefully Sark is the answer.

The SEC has more heavy hitters no doubt. The good news is depending on years you get to avoid them.
      Fair enough, it’s gonna be interesting to say the least. By adding Texas and OU, the SEC will separate itself even more as the top revenue producer and by far the Goliath of college football.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        Both Texas and OU can and will compete just fine in the SEC, but to dismiss those teams like Arkansas and the Mississippi’s (not you Heath) is plain silly. Those schools may be in the bottom of the West, but they are still bigger and deeper than a very large % of college football teams. It’s not about being able to beat an SEC team, its about trying to beat an SEC team every week while your players are getting the **** kicked out of’em every week. Depth is huge in this league, thats why only now, after 8 years, is A&M finally having enough depth in key positions. Bama, GA, Florida, LSU have been plug and play for years and its hard to beat teams who can continually roll out fresh 2’s and 3’s who could be 1’s at most schools.
        Lol. Exactly what I was talking about. The question is whether or not you actually believe that. Don't forget the 4 automatic wins including the late season cupcake.

Texas and OU have had top 10 recruiting classes since 2000. The problem at Texas the last decade has been coaching. Texas was 5th last year in star rated talent on the roster. I believe I heard 6th this year. A&M isn't.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas / OU isn’t knocking on your door, they are knocking on your parents door. This move is not about the ex, it’s about securing the future.

Y’all have spent 10 years telling us how great the SEC is and we have watched A&M be able to compete so why wouldn’t we join. The landscape of college athletics is changing and Texas / Ou are controlling their own destiny.
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
            Big difference in the trenches debt that RLB was referring to compared to the Big 12 teams you mentioned. A different type of game overall.

I hope there is an expansion and we can eliminate more of the BS soft schedule games.
            There is no question that the trenches dictate the game no matter if its 7th Grade B team of the SEC. I do think with the SEC moving more to a up tempo Big 12 type offensive game, negates the big uglies on the defensive line to some degree. Those guys aren't going to play 90 snaps a game. There are not that many great big guys to go around in my opinion. OU is way more prepared up front to go into the SEC. Texas will have a lot of work to do. I do agree the recruiting needs will change when they go to the SEC in regards to what they look for in a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Lol. Exactly what I was talking about. The question is whether or not you actually believe that. Don't forget the 4 automatic wins including the late season cupcake.

Texas and OU have had top 10 recruiting classes since 2000. The problem at Texas the last decade has been coaching. Texas was 5th last year in star rated talent on the roster. I believe I heard 6th this year. A&M isn't.
              Talent on paper is a paper tiger. Even with a bad coach and 5* talent, you don’t lose to Kansas or Marylands. Now with that said, TCU and BU have done a lot with a little, by having great coaches. Depth is a real thing. I didn’t buy into all that until I saw, every week, these SEC teams stacked at every position. There’s a lot to be said when you can continuously rotate every “big ugly” with another “big ugly’ when its 100° on the field. Texas and OU have that kind of depth, I’m just saying the teams they’ve been playing every week in the Big12 do not. Heath said that maybe I’m not giving those teams enough credit. Fair enough, we came into the SEC that first year and made a splash, only because of Manziel, Evans and a great OL, but since we’ve had to add depth to compete and we still aren’t as deep as some.

Comment

There is no question that the trenches dictate the game no matter if its 7th Grade B team of the SEC. I do think with the SEC moving more to a up tempo Big 12 type offensive game, negates the big uglies on the defensive line to some degree. Those guys aren't going to play 90 snaps a game. There are not that many great big guys to go around in my opinion. OU is way more prepared up front to go into the SEC. Texas will have a lot of work to do. I do agree the recruiting needs will change when they go to the SEC in regards to what they look for in a player.
                Good post and I agree 100% with that. It’s gonna be some crazy football weekends when this happens.

Comment

This thread hasn’t failed to deliver.

Comment

I’m ready for good football every weekend can’t beat it!

Comment

A&M & UT arguing who's better.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week.

Are you not entertained…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tech preparing for life in G5?

Comment

When do we dig up all of the SEC Media Bias posts?

Comment

This is the landscape of college athletics changing and why it’s a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                                When do we dig up all of the SEC Media Bias posts?

I’d say it’s only going to get worse if the check clears. How quickly will Finebaum go from irrelevant to….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X