No announcement yet.

Sonora / Sutton County 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Hunting was tough at our place this weekend. between everything being so green and a bunch of wind they were reluctant to leave the cover of the brush. Buddy of mine was lucky enough to take a Black Buck doe.

Comment

Tough hunts this weekend in Sonora.

Had a good shot on a Doe, hit a branch and my arrow was gone.

What do you guys notice as far as activity with filling feeders and protein ? How does it effect their behavior or movement the next hunt, evening or morning following filling?

Did you guys notice how bright that Dagum moon was?!?! Didn't even use a headlamp this morning heading to the set.

Comment

Are you in Sonora? We have seen exactly 1 hog on our place in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
          Are you in Sonora? We have seen exactly 1 hog on our place in 10 years.
          We're just south of Sonora on 189 and the hogs are thick. The landowner typically
          shoots them out of a helicopter after season to keep their numbers down.

Comment

Interested in hearing about anthrax impact to actual deer #s now that people are in the woods actually watching feeders. Are you seeing young deer only? Mature deer #s down?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
              We're just south of Sonora on 189 and the hogs are thick. The landowner typically
              shoots them out of a helicopter after season to keep their numbers down.
              I know it can get out of hand quick, but i wouldn't mind a few here and there! Good for keeping the dust off the ole bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayniecat23 View Post
                Interested in hearing about anthrax impact to actual deer #s now that people are in the woods actually watching feeders. Are you seeing young deer only? Mature deer #s down?
                No anthrax on our place business as usual. Others i have heard were not so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayniecat23 View Post
                  We were hit by anthrax last year, haven't been out for season yet but when we went mid September to fill feeders we saw lots of deer. I don't expect a great season this year but definitely better than last year. We had many sits in the stand last year and never saw a deer which is completely unusual for the area.

Comment

Around this time last year we had 8 deer total using game cameras and a helicopter survey.
                    This year we know for sure we have around 65 deer using just our game cameras. That's only 12 cameras on 6K acres so we fell like our numbers could be a little higher. It's bouncing back better than expected.

Comment

Hows everyone doing? It stinks to say but I have not been down one time this season. Are yall seeing much activity? I am leaving next week for my Kansas trip but after that I plan to be spending the next 2 months in Sonora!!

Comment

I got a nice 8pt at my place 3 miles east of town last Tuesday!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats Bisch!

Comment

I got a nice 8pt at my place 3 miles east of town last Tuesday!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Nice looking buck.

Comment

We are about a two miles north of the town of Sonora. Our herd was not affected by anthrax but we had some neighbors who did some damage on some whitetails and were asked to vacate their lease.

We were at the lease this weekend but didn't see as much activity as I would have thought.

Comment

What’s the Axis activity like In the fall, I’ll be hunting Thanksgiving this year. Not super concerned about it but didn’t know if y’all knew.

We seem to always have them on camera and then poof like magic they are gone ��

Comment

Working...
                                X