No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the land, Bill! You will be just west of Virginia City. That is a cool old mining town!

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Across the highway and 1.5 miles from Saint Marys of the Assumption Church in Laurin, built 1901 and on the National Register of Historic Places.

Here’s a picture taken from higher on the mountain, arrow is where the home will be built. Power company contractor was trenching today bringing in the electricity. The Ruby Range is to the west- pictures do not capture the enormity. Sage walked out and into the panoramic picture so she appears 2x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Bill; 07-03-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

If we confirm the power was installed and there were no additional charges for bringing in a jackhammer excavator to bust through some subsurface granite- we should close Wednesday.

We’re meeting with Architects, and wouldn’t you know it- the guy we’re going to work with is a bowhunter? The only one in all the architects we’ve met with.

My wife has put her foot down- We will have a separate room above the garage with it’s own full bath for my hunting gear, bunk beds fir elk hunting buddies visiting and I think I can add a used big stainless sink from a restaurant and a butchering table.

Yes, dear!

Comment

Darn the luck!

Comment

Live-n large!

Comment

The 2 bulls left today to breed at the neighbor’s family ranch 3 hours from here.

Big sky country!

Comment

We’re Montana land owners, deed recorded this afternoon.

Comment

You and your pup sure look happy............

Congrats on the property purchase. If you have not already started, when do you think you will start scouting for the up coming seasons?

Rwc

Comment

Congrats!! How exciting! Been silently following along...

Comment

Congrats Bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                        You and your pup sure look happy............

Congrats on the property purchase. If you have not already started, when do you think you will start scouting for the up coming seasons?

Rwc

Scouting now. Hiked in a couple miles yesterday and found elk, moose and bear skat.

Here’s the sign at the trailhead- notice the bullet holes in the griz claws.

Comment

Just when I thought ‘how can this get better’, I spotted a sign up the road.

We did a 20 mile UTV/ATV ride Sunday, found elk tracks in multiple places.

Comment

Now you really are gonna be a dental floss tycoon. Congratulations on the land purchase. Looks like a beautiful place to build your home on. Please keep us updated, especially the pics. It's getting kinda hot here and everything is about to turn brown.

Comment

A young Montana mule deer buck turned up in the yard, the does we’ve been watching all summer are ‘head turners’

Comment

Fast forward 1 month. We bought 30 acres in a county with 9,500 people and no stoplights!

We laid out the location of the house today. This will be the view out the large windows in the living room, only floor will be approx 2 feet higher.

I met the husband and wife of a ranch participating in the block management program allowing hunter access.

I’m going scouting tomorrow, and I’ll be hunting elk and deer starting 1 mile from our land, going towards BLM and National Forest a couple miles away.

While I don’t have tags, there’s black bear, mountain lion and wolves in the area too.

Comment

Working...
                                X