Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    Bill

next time you go to town, Café Zydeco has some incredible Cajun groceries: gumbo, etoufee', jambalaya, fried oyster crawfish or shrimp po-boys, NOLA style muffelatta, andouille sausage, red beans and rice, friend catfish topped with etoufee, shrimp n grits, beignets, etc.... The original owner if from Abbeville (Lafayette) and the food is the real deal authentic

They have one in Helena as well. Have to agree on the groceries. Great grub!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      I’ll have to check-out Cafe Zydeco in Bozeman. I’ve eaten at the McAllister Inn several times.

At the risk of driving people crazy, this video was taken from our front porch on Monday. Without a picture it didn’t happen.

Elk herd on Portnell Road - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's pretty sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

The Mulies were out there this afternoon.

I was doing my hour of hill climbs this morning and they were watching me a couple hundred yards across the hill.

Comment

I tried fly fishing the creek- not a good way for a newbie fly fisherman to catch a trout.

It wouldn’t be hunting if you could walk up to 40 yards from the mulies in a t shirt and jeans and they just look at you. I’ll bet ifI put on camo- they’d have taken off.

Comment

..... just another Saturday morning in Montana. We had a hundred elk moving past the house before sunrise.

I need to get my game cam set up on the hill for some close-ups. We saw a couple young bulls with button antlers in the herd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              Bill next time you go to town, Café Zydeco has some incredible Cajun groceries: gumbo, etoufee', jambalaya, fried oyster crawfish or shrimp po-boys

Went there for a business/ networking lunch today. Great food. Thanks!

Comment

imagonnahaveto check that place out, Bill!

Comment

I’ll be up there I a couple of weeks, but the closest I’ll get to you is probably Philipsburg. Gonna have to go check out Bozeman one day.

Comment

I got out in the Madison for the first time yesterday. Nothing caught and a newbie trying to cast in 30 mph wind was challenging. At least I was warm and dry- duck hunting waders and elk hunting pullover. I had Canada geese 50 yards away and green heads overhead.

On Mothers Day I caught a nice rainbow on Ruby Reservoir on fly gear from a kayak. Made a nice dinner for us.

Comment

Livin' the Dream - you and the Mrs. deserve it brother

Comment

Looks like you are enjoying yourself, which is the whole point! Congrats again

Comment

Wow, I had ignored this thread up until now. I don't get envious often, but to you sir I am! Living in Montana for a full calendar year is on my bucket list. One of these days it will dang sure happen.

Keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Thanks! I’m working on the P500 getting it ready for summer riding and fall elk hunting. Last Sept we were 17 miles up a snowmobile/ atv trail to our camp. Coming out at night with boned-out elk will be easier with the led light bar. I moved a front basket to the top since it badly blocked my seeing the 5+ feet in front of the Honda.

It’s a great feeling living in a free state and being able to open carry my XD and have it in a vehicle. I’ll be at the Sheriff’s Dept Oct 2 to apply for my concealed carry.

Comment

I’ve got a lone elk cow hanging out with the mule deer behind the house this morning.

Having a species identity problem?

Can you see a ground blind in those small trees?

Comment

Sunday afternoon, sitting on the front porch with my lab watching the storm front coming from the south over the Gallatin range and the Spanish Peaks. Thunder rumbling in the distance, the wind chines are starting to serenade us.

We found a 30 acre parcel yesterday in the Ruby Valley which ‘may be’ the place to build. Cattle range land now, amazing views of 4 different mountain ranges, and 6 more miles past the land is the access to the National Forest.

Comment

Working...
                                X