? For People W Labs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
    My Lab has no issues with guns, fireworks or thunder.
    X2. Both of my labs have no problems with guns, fireworks or thunder.

Jason Slocum

Comment

My lab female loves hunting and gunfire makes her happy! Thunder and fireworks scare the living heck out of her. No idea why. I have to keep her in the house or she'll kill herself digging out.

Comment

My lab has no fear of either. But one thing that scares the crud out of him is a horror flick. The dude can tell by the music and tone of the movie it's going to be a scary one and would rather sit out side in a hurricane than have to sit indoors while we are watching Amityville Horror. Heck even the walking dead will have him standing by the door.

Comment

My boy does. I can crack a 12 right next to him and if we're together with fireworks around he's good. But if he's alone on the 4th, NYE or during a storm, he's goes ape shhh

Comment

My last lab was never around thunder or fireworks until he was about 7 years old and he freaked out every time even though he loved guns. From then on every time we would have a thunderstorm about to roll in I would take him out and start throwing the dummy(not me LOL) as the storm was rolling in. The more times he did it the less he paid attention to the thunder. He eventually got to the point it didn't bother him. Fireworks were just too hard for me to break him of since they are basically a twice a year thing because I was not going to by a bunch of fireworks to train it out of him but I bet I could of. I thought he would actually like fireworks because a lot them make similar noise to a gun but boy was I wrong. The lab before him was not afraid of anything.

Comment

I think all things your dogs are scared of is from lack of exposure. If you know a storm is coming and your pup has never been through lose some sleep and stay up playing or petting dog. same goes with fireworks and gunfire good exposure will cure all these things its up to us as dog owners to expose in a positive manner so dogs don't lose their minds and hurt themselves.

Comment

My dog used to be gun broke, but he went chasing tail one weekend. I think someone shot at him, so now he's scared of everything. He's always been scared of thunder and fireworks.

Comment

Keep the responses coming in - I have a very good reason as to why I asked this question- just can't say at this time.

Comment

Mine could care less, they just roll over and snooze

Comment

Originally posted by whopper1800 View Post
                      Keep the responses coming in - I have a very good reason as to why I asked this question- just can't say at this time.
                      For sure got my attention now. When do we find out, so I don't miss it ?

Comment

Hopefully soon!

Comment

I have a 12 year old Lab. When he was a pup he was afraid of the garbage truck. Anytime the garbage truck came by I'd through a ball or training dummy for him. I'd also do the same during rain when it was thundering and if anyone was shooting fireworks close by. He's never been bothered by any of it since all the sounds were introduced with something fun to him.

Comment

? For People W Labs

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            12 year old lab. Fine around guns. Has been nervous with thunder for the past couple years. Vet said it was just being old. How old people are more nervous about stuff than younger people.
                            Mine started at an older age as well with thunder....probably around 9....she lived to a month shy of 13.
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-08-2016, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

I have had 4 over the years all have passed but one of old age,all but one was not shaky of any loud noise and it was ruined when my young son and buddy's where throwing black cats by hand and he the lab made a retrieve on a live bundle outcome was what you expect ,lived to die an old man but would kennel on the sound of any loud noise,accident ruined a good dog.as for as hunting was concerned

Comment

Working...
                                X