• Show
Clear All

Watch out for poison ivy out there btw... I got tore up [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post

You and me both, had to go and get a steroid shot/pack and cream the other day.

Deer haven’t moved at all since I started hunting yesterday morning.

Comment

you getting into that P.I. over on the east side or 377 area? deer love that stuff.

Comment

Gonna be a hot one this evening.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude5000 View Post
            Gonna be a hot one this evening.

Well, it is October.

Comment

Well after 10 sits and about 50 hours of seeing nothing I decided last night to scout for a new stand location after my morning sit. I went to a spot that I found way before season that I thought might make for a decent spot and I get set up in a tree around 3, well 4 comes around a I decided it wasn’t comfortable enough so I get down and setup in the tree beside it. 5:30 it start pouring down for about 20 mins or so, 6:30ish comes around I’m swatting mosquitos, on my phone and when I turn back there is a spike about 10 yards broadside! I get my bow up... and my freaking phone falls out of my pocket into the ground, he bolts off about 5 yards and stops, I then drew back because I could tell he was going to come and held it for a min or so and he stepped back into my shooting lane quartering hard, I nailed him and he ran about 40-50 yards.

Last year spoiled me, I saw 15 or so deer the first day I hunted and saw deer every sit. This year has been COMPLETELY different.

Comment

Congrats on the harvest! But I can agree, so far this year the deer just aren't moving much. I've seen 2 doe a fawn and a small buck. I've sat every evening so far and Friday and Saturday morning. Last year I was unemployed and sat every morning and evening for 15 days and saw something every sit except twice.
                Originally posted by Sreppep View Post
                Well after 10 sits and about 50 hours of seeing nothing I decided last night to scout for a new stand location after my morning sit. I went to a spot that I found way before season that I thought might make for a decent spot and I get set up in a tree around 3, well 4 comes around a I decided it wasn’t comfortable enough so I get down and setup in the tree beside it. 5:30 it start pouring down for about 20 mins or so, 6:30ish comes around I’m swatting mosquitos, on my phone and when I turn back there is a spike about 10 yards broadside! I get my bow up... and my freaking phone falls out of my pocket into the ground, he bolts off about 5 yards and stops, I then drew back because I could tell he was going to come and held it for a min or so and he stepped back into my shooting lane quartering hard, I nailed him and he ran about 40-50 yards.

Last year spoiled me, I saw 15 or so deer the first day I hunted and saw deer every sit. This year has been COMPLETELY different.

Comment

Congrats! Way to stick with it!
                  Originally posted by Sreppep View Post

Comment

Congrats on the harvest! But I can agree, so far this year the deer just aren't moving much. I've seen 2 doe a fawn and a small buck. I've sat every evening so far and Friday and Saturday morning. Last year I was unemployed and sat every morning and evening for 15 days and saw something every sit except twice.

Thanks! Just stick with it man, I’d recommend scout a bit and find a decent trail then set up and take one by surprised. They aren’t hitting corn, i tossed a handful of corn and the spike stopped but he was already going through there.

Comment

Congrats! Way to stick with it!

Thanks! By far one of my favorite hunts now, because of all the work put into harvesting it.

Comment

I had tons of deer on my trail cams before season, now hardly any. Just caught a couple fawns during shooting light. This is my 5th sit and haven't seen a single deer. I would sit more but I have a wife at home that's 8 months pregnant haha. Maybe now that the weather is cooling off it'll go a little better.

Comment

Understandable man. Gotta get to hunting at least these next couple of days!
                          Originally posted by Whiskey Hunter View Post
                          I had tons of deer on my trail cams before season, now hardly any. Just caught a couple fawns during shooting light. This is my 5th sit and haven't seen a single deer. I would sit more but I have a wife at home that's 8 months pregnant haha. Maybe now that the weather is cooling off it'll go a little better.

Comment

Not hunting out there this year and can share a few spots if anyone's interested. Both are bike in, both pretty good. Just pm me and I'll send you some screen shots of the areas.

Comment

Still tough hunting out here. Nothing showed this morning. Ventured out to do some searching and all I find is corn piles and cameras. Man, everyone has this place covered.

Comment

Still tough hunting out here. Nothing showed this morning. Ventured out to do some searching and all I find is corn piles and cameras. Man, everyone has this place covered.

I've never, in 9 years hunting benbrook, seen this much pressure this early in the season. No wonder nobody is seeing deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X