MLB foreign substance ban dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what is used

Lena Blackburne Baseball Rubbing Mud. The baseball rubbing mud used by every Major League and Minor League Baseball organization for over 40 years!

The height of the seams is really not for grip, the lower seams are to reduce the movement on pitches.

Some of the big league pitchers with raised seems would have some super nasty breaking pitches...

Comment

Tyler Glasnow had a meltdown about this and blamed his ucl tear on the removal of substances somehow lol. Pretty silly but there is a small amount of merit to it I guess. With the removal the pitchers are going to lose velo and spin rate on almost every pitch. This is just a balancing act by baseball to compensate for the changes to the ball that were made in between last season and this season. We live in a world now where you have to make frequent changes to stay in headlines and "adjust" to this new age.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        Spider Tack, sunscreen/rosin and other adhesives are just like steroids, pre-pitch cameras with banging trash cans and other illegal aids to Baseball. It's funny how in society, we've been progressively giving up Traditional Values and Morals, yet in Baseball, they've been working harder and harder to make the game "Purer".

I think the finesse pitchers will have a much harder time adjusting than the power pitchers. I'm good with it.
        Baseball hasn’t been trying to make the game purer. Pitchers have been using this stuff forever. The commish’s office even promised players there would not be a crackdown until after the season.

Now there have been some articles about the lack of offense and this is MLB’s foolish knee jerk reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          Baseball hasn’t been trying to make the game purer. Pitchers have been using this stuff forever. The commish’s office even promised players there would not be a crackdown until after the season.

Now there have been some articles about the lack of offense and this is MLB’s foolish knee jerk reaction.

We have a winner........ for those that make millions off baseball revenue, from ticket sales to T.V. revenue to equipment manufactures..... etc etc. These folks have spoken and the words were, "not enough offensive side of the games......games are getting boring to watch..........pitchers are dominating the game and making "us" loose revenue.....................now do something!

disclaimer, just my opinion.

Rwc

Comment

Quit watching and returned our tickets to a AA affiliate when they got into bed with BLM. I do miss it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              What about vagisil and Monistat? They still legal?
              No ****!

I'm so sick of these whiney turds. Got on the mound, get in the box! You get a rosin bag, period. Throw a pitch every 20 seconds or it's a ball, if the batter's not in the box it's a strike. Enough screwing with your hat, enough of the dramatics with the batting gloves, enough of your psyche games. Get on the **** mound, get in the **** box, and play ball you over paid ballerinas!

Comment

There is a baseball book called The MVP Machine that talks a lot about the foreign substances. My son was one of those who was referenced. He added multiple different substances and pitched using PitchTrax and something else. They measured the velo and the spin rates and the axis. It is all published in there.

This ain’t new.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  What about vagisil and Monistat? They still legal?
                  Just rub a little jalapeno inside your nose

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXVgHhHufE"]Major League You Put Snot on the Ball - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Is the use of foreign substances an issue in college ball?

If not, why is that? Do they not check or do the seams make it unnecessary. If you compare the seams on MLB balls and those at lower levels, there is quite a difference. Not 100% sure about the balls/seams currently used at the college level.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                      Is the use of foreign substances an issue in college ball?

If not, why is that? Do they not check or do the seams make it unnecessary. If you compare the seams on MLB balls and those at lower levels, there is quite a difference. Not 100% sure about the balls/seams currently used at the college level.
                      Putting stuff on your hand to get a better grip has been used at all levels for a long time.

Comment

Yes big difference between NCAA baseballs and MLB. And yes when it is a rain game spray on Bullfrog sunscreen and rosin bags are probably common. Pitchers and strike zones are usually more generous on the outside portion of the plate as well in my opinion.

Comment

The MLB ain't gonna raise the seams on the baseball. Seams create air friction, which will make the ball slow down at a higher rate which will reduce home runs. Home runs sell tickets and boost fan interest. The MLB wants those baseballs to fly like golf balls.

Sunscreen and rosin does create some sticky stuff though!

Hell if we want to get rid of substances for the pitcher, why not just do the same for the hitters. No more pine tar, lets see how many bats start flying all over the place. True level playing field.

Signed,
                          Ex pitcher (eff the hitters, I don't care if they ever score another run)

Comment

Not enough offense? They obviously haven’t been watching the Astros.

Comment

The MLB is a joke. The game is all about the dollar. If they want to ban foreign substance on pitchers, they better take away that pine tar rag from hitters since it gives the batter better grip on the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                                The MLB ain't gonna raise the seams on the baseball. Seams create air friction, which will make the ball slow down at a higher rate which will reduce home runs. Home runs sell tickets and boost fan interest. The MLB wants those baseballs to fly like golf balls.

Sunscreen and rosin does create some sticky stuff though!

Hell if we want to get rid of substances for the pitcher, why not just do the same for the hitters. No more pine tar, lets see how many bats start flying all over the place. True level playing field.

Signed,
                                Ex pitcher (eff the hitters, I don't care if they ever score another run)
                                Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                                The MLB is a joke. The game is all about the dollar. If they want to ban foreign substance on pitchers, they better take away that pine tar rag from hitters since it gives the batter better grip on the bat.
                                I agree with this. If pitchers can't use foreign substances to get a grip, then hitters shouldn't be able to either.

Comment

Working...
                                X