No announcement yet.

Protein/Cotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton seed works great. Thanks for the video.

Comment

I feed nothing but cottonseed from about Jan 1st until the middle of March and then I feed both cottonseed and pellets. I’m feeding only cottonseed durning that time mainly for the fat content.

Comment

silo

Originally posted by sotx View Post
        Lmao yes if only I had a silo I'd be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Get a silo, they are worth their weight in gold!!! If you need someone I can direct you to a guy that makes them and is the cheapest I have found and they are well built. Have several buddies with them!! DM if you are interested.

Comment

I switched to Fortified Cottonseed. Vert vert little waste as compared to protein. Coons don't eat it, doesn't go bad when it rains, pigs don't eat it either.

Comment

Cottonseed

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
            I switched to Fortified Cottonseed. Vert vert little waste as compared to protein. Coons don't eat it, doesn't go bad when it rains, pigs don't eat it either.
            Pigs will eat it, at least mine did. They chew it up and spit it out and it looks like wet saw dust all over the ground. I got pics of them eating it all last year!!!!

Comment

Protein with cotton seed in it

I'm feeding Protein with just the cottonseed in the protein and its delinted. WIn WIN, I don't have to fill my baskets up anymore. I do have some cottonseed out now in baskets but its because my cousin picked up some for me a month or so ago!!!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

The video says they're feeding 365. I thought I heard it will make the bucks sterile if they are feeding on it during the Rut. Did I imagine that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty8186 View Post
                  The video says they're feeding 365. I thought I heard it will make the bucks sterile if they are feeding on it during the Rut. Did I imagine that?
                  This is a perpetual statement that never seems to die even though it has been disproven many many times.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                    Get a silo, they are worth their weight in gold!!! If you need someone I can direct you to a guy that makes them and is the cheapest I have found and they are well built. Have several buddies with them!! DM if you are interested.
                    I will do that for sure if I can convince our lease boss. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                      This is a perpetual statement that never seems to die even though it has been disproven many many times.
                      You are absolutely right. Its unreal how the mere mention of cotton to someone and they immediately claim the sterilization falsehood. SMH

Comment

Silo

I will do that for sure if I can convince our lease boss. Thanks for the info.
                        If you are feeding that much protein the cost of a silo is a no brainer!! buy the protein with the cottonseed mix like me and its the best of both worlds!!!!

good luck!!!!!

Comment

I would think the amount of cottonseed they would consume would replace the protein to an extent. To me putting cottonseed out is much harder and more labor intensive. I think you are better off sticking with both. I feel like more deer get to eat at a feed pen when you have both out. If you have a protein feeder in a pen you’re likely only feeding a couple deer at a time. I have a protein feeder and 2-3 cottonseed baskets in a pen and 10-12 deer can feed at the same time comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                            I'm feeding Protein with just the cottonseed in the protein and its delinted. WIn WIN, I don't have to fill my baskets up anymore. I do have some cottonseed out now in baskets but its because my cousin picked up some for me a month or so ago!!!!!
                            What product is that and where are you getting it from? Any clogs in a gravity fed feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
                              I would think the amount of cottonseed they would consume would replace the protein to an extent. To me putting cottonseed out is much harder and more labor intensive. I think you are better off sticking with both. I feel like more deer get to eat at a feed pen when you have both out. If you have a protein feeder in a pen you’re likely only feeding a couple deer at a time. I have a protein feeder and 2-3 cottonseed baskets in a pen and 10-12 deer can feed at the same time comfortably.
                              Well what you have is what I have, however I cannot keep the cows from destroying my pens to get to the protein feeders.

Comment

Well what you have is what I have, however I cannot keep the cows from destroying my pens to get to the protein feeders.
                                Cows jump out pens to get to CS

Comment

Working...
                                X