No announcement yet.

She said yes! Not what you think..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say this there are for sure some monster deer in east texas around lake fork, sulphur springs, alba, emory etc but i don"t know if you need it or not but high speed internet is hard to get and if you can get it it will be expensive something to consider since you may work from home but would for sure stay away from elmo area and the quinlan area as well

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
      And on the ....Will we go crazy after a while being way from it all?

That's not for the weak either. It's 30 minutes for us to the grocery store. All of the conveniences of living in the city are gone. If something breaks, plan on it taking half of your day going to town looking for parts to fix it. You can take the other half of your day coming back home and ordering what you need on line and being mad that you didn't get anything done that day. Small towns don't have the things like the big cities do.

The solitude...it's an awesome thing the majority of the time. No visitors, just peace and quiet. There will be days when you want to go to town, or somewhere, for any reason.
      A lot of the time that's a good thing.

Comment

Hopkins Co, Rains Co, Denton Co, Delta Co, Fannin Co, maybe Hunt Co, Grayson Co of course, Cooke Co and Montague co is where I would look for a place you describe.

You will need to decide if you main objective is to move out in the country closer to your dad or move out in the country where the best deer/prices for land are located.

I personally like Cooke and Montague for the wildlife and cost of property. You start getting into some larger tracts of land in Montague County too. They still have quail, lots of turkey and quality deer. I think it would be close enough to DFW too, just the wrong way for your dad. Maybe he will move out your way?

Good luck. What you just described is the dream of probably most of the men on this fourm! Owning your own business, working 2 or 3 days a week and being able to spend a million dollars on your piece of heaven!

You are living the American dream if you can do this!
        Last edited by Killer; 11-13-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          Hopkins Co, Rains Co, Denton Co, Delta Co, Fannin Co, maybe Hunt Co, Grayson Co of course, Cooke Co and Montague co is where I would look for a place you describe.

You will need to decide if you main objective is to move out in the country closer to your dad or move out in the country where the best deer/prices for land are located.

I personally like Cooke and Montague for the wildlife and cost of property. You start getting into some larger tracts of land in Montague County too. They still have quail, lots of turkey and quality deer. I think it would be close enough to DFW too, just the wrong way for your dad. Maybe he will move out your way?

Good luck. What you just described is the dream of probably most of the men on this fourm! Owning your own business, working 2 or 3 days a week and being able to spend a million dollars on your piece of heaven!

You are living the American dream if you can do this!

We are on same page as far as counties. You pointed out the number one decision I need to nail down, my Dad. He is going with us Thursday to see the two near him. This will be the day to see what he is willing to do.

As for your comments about our positioning. It didnt come easy and its 20 years in the making. I took risk early on and tried about everything that paid a buck in the Construction Industry. The day I gave TriPhase to God and promised to be the best steward I know how he poured blessings. I always (first 15 years) acted as if it was all mine. I was ignorant and selfish. I wanted it, I bought it. It was a rough ride either rich or poor.

Once I realized it wasnt mine it all changed. Wish I saw it sooner.

Thats small part of my Testimony guys.

Anyways, a lot of good stuff coming from you guys!

Sean

Comment

I would draw a line from Denton to Jacksboro, north to the Red River, and use 35 as the eastern boundary...and search within.

Comment

Contact Codie here on tbh. Banker in Graham has facebook listings on properties often.

Comment

Can’t help you with your land search but congratulations—the one thing I think is important is a decent guest cabin for your buddies to stay in when they come to visit [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                  And on the ....Will we go crazy after a while being way from it all?

That's not for the weak either. It's 30 minutes for us to the grocery store. All of the conveniences of living in the city are gone. If something breaks, plan on it taking half of your day going to town looking for parts to fix it. You can take the other half of your day coming back home and ordering what you need on line and being mad that you didn't get anything done that day. Small towns don't have the things like the big cities do.

The solitude...it's an awesome thing the majority of the time. No visitors, just peace and quiet. There will be days when you want to go to town, or somewhere, for any reason.
                  There is allot of truth in your statements listed above from our experiences of moving to a very rural area. It is nice but there are sacrifices to be made with all of the peace and quiet.

Comment

Bridgeport, Chico, Bowie, Sunset....anything in or around the Grasslands.

Comment

An offer has been made on a place in Pittsburg Co, OK.

Could use some good thoughts guys, I hate the waiting part.

I will share more when I know for sure.

Sean

Comment

Boom good luck

Comment

I would do what's best for you and your family. Whether it's close to your Dad or not. I understand completely about the hunting part but it's not all about that. Hell if I wanted to live where big deer lived I'd move to Kansas. But I've made a sacrifice for my family and it's been great. I'll go hunt big deer every year for a couple months. Just live life man

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                            An offer has been made on a place in Pittsburg Co, OK.

Could use some good thoughts guys, I hate the waiting part.

I will share more when I know for sure.

Sean
                            We hunt Pittsburg co, I love it up there. Tons of deer and wildlife. The quality of deer is great too.

Comment

Atta boy Sean! Praying it comes together for y’all and is meant to be. Good luck. [emoji106]

Comment

That didn’t take long! Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X