Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edward Jones to Robinhood transfer help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologize for trying to help someone here, as this site use to be about brotherhood. More and more I read posts from people like you, ruins me support this site.

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    So again his qualifications are as follow. CPA, buddy, godparent. Again I'm not defending RH as I don't like them I just get tired of hearing, friend, buddy on facebook etc with zero credibility. I know its the internet and I should ignore but it gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Same boat, index funds and compounding interest. I use RH to gamble with.
      Thats what im planning us just some extra playing money

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Apologize for trying to help someone here, as this site use to be about brotherhood. More and more I read posts from people like you, ruins me support this site.
        He has a valid point. And we have yet to get a valid explanation.

He said she said

Comment

Originally posted by waffles View Post
          Anyone know how I can transfer funds from my Edward account to RobinHood with out having to do a withdrawal?

Trying to avoid the taxes on selling, I can transfer IRA to IRA without being taxed.

Are you trying to transfer money or securities in-kind? Your posts are confusing and contradictory.

Comment

First of all...is it an IRA?

If so, you won’t pay taxes if you sell.

Second of all, you can do it as a trustee to trustee transfer by using Robin Hood’s forms

Third of all, you can send it all to you as cash (you have to sell first) and roll it over to Robin Hood

Lastly, there are better platforms to use than Robin Hood if you are just buying and selling a few stocks

Comment

Why the desire the jump to robinhood over some of the much larger institutions that don’t manipulate the market to appease their investors in short squeeze situations?

Trying to add crypto holdings?

If you have one share of Tesla with EJ you can move it to any other brokerage without penalty just some paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Are you trying to transfer money or securities in-kind? Your posts are confusing and contradictory.
                Agree. Custodian to Custodian Transfers use to be Simple. I guess not anymore.

Comment

I don't believe that Robinhood accepts retirement accounts, but I could be wrong.

OP, you do the transfer through the ACAT system with Robinhood. They will initiate the transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                    Why the desire the jump to robinhood over some of the much larger institutions that don’t manipulate the market to appease their investors in short squeeze situations?

Trying to add crypto holdings?

If you have one share of Tesla with EJ you can move it to any other brokerage without penalty just some paperwork.
                    This is a ver old account i had from a long time ago, Not much money at all. Not only crypto, I'm wanting to try more cannabis.

Comment

This is a ver old account i had from a long time ago, Not much money at all. Not only crypto, I'm wanting to try more cannabis.

You didn't answer my question. Securities or cash you are wanting to transfer? We can answer your questions and help you without clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        You didn't answer my question. Securities or cash you are wanting to transfer? We can answer your questions and help you without clarity.
                        Its a tradition IRA account, wanting to transfer it all to RobinHood. They told me to do so I would have to sell out and they would cut me a check, but I would be responsible for the taxes for a early withdrawal.

Comment

Its a tradition IRA account, wanting to transfer it all to RobinHood. They told me to do so I would have to sell out and they would cut me a check, but I would be responsible for the taxes for a early withdrawal.

AsI said in my previous post, to transfer an account from one firm to another firm, the receiving firm intiates the transfer trough the ACAT system. Nothing should have to be sold or withdrawn. That said, have you confirmed that Robinhood accepts retirement accounts? Their website says they DO NOT.

Comment

This sounds backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                              This sounds backwards.
                              What sounds backwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                                This sounds backwards.
                                Nothing should have to be sold or withdrawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X