X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
    What are we praying bout?
    I’m at the ranch in west texas doing my thing having fun.

I am going to assume you were serious with your question in the first post, but your second post tends to illustrate that you really aren't interested in it.

However I'm going to offer up this explanation for you and anyone who might be interested to know what and why we pray.

The Lord's Prayer is a model provided by Jesus for how to pray. We recognize who God is, ask for His will for the earth, ask for His provision in our lives, seek forgiveness, seek protection, and seek continued obedience. We praise God for who He is, submit to Him, and make requests based on our knowledge of Him. In this time of serious trial, we who believe in God, seek His help, protection and guidance. This model prayer acknowledges God's dominion over everything and everyone in this universe. We praise Him as we were created for the sole purpose of worshiping Him. We ask Him for protection from this disease and the chaos caused by it. We ask him to provide for us one day at a time as we know we are NOT promised any time beyond the present. We ask for guidance to keep us from straying off the narrow, straight path that leads to the gate of eternal life and fellowship with God. We ask for forgiveness of sin and for kindness and mercy toward our fellow man, brothers and sisters in Christ, and we close by acknowledging that God is Almighty God forever
    Amen.

THAT's why we pray and we are praying for the current situation we all find ourselves in today. Some day, Scripture tells us that He is coming back to set up an earthly kingdom that will be everlasting. If you open your eyes and read Scripture and look around yourself today, you will see that the Day is coming ever faster and faster... No one know the hour, not even Jesus who told us about this, only the Father, Almighty God knows the day and hour. It is our own responsibility to be ready, the we may be found serving Him when that hour comes.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            Amen! I love the calm feeling that follows the Lords Prayer
            Amen!!!

Comment

Amen

Comment

Awesome Thread - Amen

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    I am going to assume you were serious with your question in the first post, but your second post tends to illustrate that you really aren't interested in it.

However I'm going to offer up this explanation for you and anyone who might be interested to know what and why we pray.

The Lord's Prayer is a model provided by Jesus for how to pray. We recognize who God is, ask for His will for the earth, ask for His provision in our lives, seek forgiveness, seek protection, and seek continued obedience. We praise God for who He is, submit to Him, and make requests based on our knowledge of Him. In this time of serious trial, we who believe in God, seek His help, protection and guidance. This model prayer acknowledges God's dominion over everything and everyone in this universe. We praise Him as we were created for the sole purpose of worshiping Him. We ask Him for protection from this disease and the chaos caused by it. We ask him to provide for us one day at a time as we know we are NOT promised any time beyond the present. We ask for guidance to keep us from straying off the narrow, straight path that leads to the gate of eternal life and fellowship with God. We ask for forgiveness of sin and for kindness and mercy toward our fellow man, brothers and sisters in Christ, and we close by acknowledging that God is Almighty God forever
                    Amen.

THAT's why we pray and we are praying for the current situation we all find ourselves in today. Some day, Scripture tells us that He is coming back to set up an earthly kingdom that will be everlasting. If you open your eyes and read Scripture and look around yourself today, you will see that the Day is coming ever faster and faster... No one know the hour, not even Jesus who told us about this, only the Father, Almighty God knows the day and hour. It is our own responsibility to be ready, the we may be found serving Him when that hour comes.

Well said Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What are we praying bout?
                      We shall continue our prayer for everyone that has not found or understand that God wants us to pray together!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Amen for sure

Comment

Our father who art in heaven

Comment

Hallowed be thy Name...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Hallowed be thy Name...
                              Thy Kingdom come....

Comment