Rookie LEO runs from gunfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie LEO runs from gunfight

Not sure if this was posted, search came up empty.

Apparently, 3 officers went to a call when two rookies fled when shots were fired. The suspect later died of his wounds.

Do you think these guys need to be charged instead of just fired?
    Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bloodstick; 03-07-2019, 08:55 PM.

Veteran Sgt is still alive. The guy who was shooting at them is dead

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
      Veteran Sgt is still alive. The guy who was shooting at them is dead

My bad, i must have mistaken the article. Good to hear the sergeant lived through it

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        Not sure if this was posted, search came up empty.

Apparently, 3 officers went to a call when two rookies fled when shots were fired. The veteran officer later died at the hospital.

Do you think these guys need to be charged instead of just fired?
        Thoughts?

Sarge got the job done. The 2 millennials were apparently brought up lacking testicular fortitude. Whatabuger is hiring boys.......

Comment

Funny we were talking about this very incident today at lunch with 5 vet officers and one rookie in training.

Academy does not teach one how they will react in a real hail of crap. I had one female rookie cradle up in a fetal position at a stand off with a guy shooting. I kept yelling at her to draw her weapon and seek better cover.

She quit the following day.

Comment

Yep they need to go find another line of work. It’s all cool being a Leo till it’s time to do real Leo stuff.

Comment

Read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. It's an eye opener.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                Read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. It's an eye opener.
                I love Grossman he is a bonafide bad azz. Tried getting him as guest speaker the last 2 yrs for Backing the Blue event. He stays booked up though.

Comment

It ain't for everybody. Another reason to respect those that can.

Comment

I would probably run too.

Comment

I have worked with maybe 6 officers that were fired for cowardice and none were even for shooting incidents. All were sent home during the shift. Once an officer shows an act of cowardice, he/she is not sent back out to complete the shift and endanger other officers or the public.

There are lots of areas of training that may get multiple chances to correct mistakes. Cowardice is one and done.

Comment

Everyone wants to be a lion until it’s time to do lion sh*t.

Glad they were fired. Won’t put up with that crap. They needed to be taken off the street.

Nothing worse than being in a fight and your cover is just standing there letting you get your *** kicked.

Comment

You never know what folks will do when chit hits the fan.

The couple bad situations I was in it was always the folks you never thought would that cut and ran/hid.

Comment

Unfortunately it's more common than you'd think. Alot of these younger folks wanna play dress up and drive around to be seen, but lack what it takes to do the job outside of writing soccer moms for illegal u turns.

Comment

Originally posted by 325to1195 View Post
                              Unfortunately it's more common than you'd think. Alot of these younger folks wanna play dress up and drive around to be seen, but lack what it takes to do the job outside of writing soccer moms for illegal u turns.
                              It's not just LEO either. Firefighters, too. When it gets hot and dark, they'd rather be elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X