Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	24599924

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
        Lousiana Brad got em one this morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Congratulations to Brad! Real nice buck.

Comment

AB, You still have a bunch of good targets.

Comment

Nice Buck. Glad someone laid one down. Bribed my wife to let me hunt this weekend. Hopefully there is more movement than last week. Does are back to hitting feeders on morning/afternoon routine. Thinking of hunting right outside bedding areas again. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Comment

If you have any hardwoods Hunt the acorns right now for next week or so.

Comment

Extremely slow weekend for us considering the nice weather. Saw 4-5 young bucks, didn’t hear many shots either.

Anyone else not get Verizon cell service out there? I usually get a decent signal, but couldn’t get anything at all this weekend.

Comment

Gents, been having a blast bow hunting the Atoka and Springtown WMAs. I’m seeing deer and some small bucks. I have a question: do you generally hunt the wind blown side of a ridge or saddle or the other side, or will deer work both sides of the ridge? Most of my hunting has been in saddles, but I’d like to set up on some ridges. Any help would be much appreciated. This land is a lot different and a heck of a lot prettier than what I’m used to hunting.

Comment

Already bachelor back up, been a strange season for us this year.

Comment

I personally hunt backside of wind. In my experience most of deer beds I see are on backside of hill close to top where they can see down hill and smell anything coming over behind them. Makes for tough hunt either way.

Comment

Thank you AntlersBoy - I need all the help I can get figuring out how deer use elevation and wind.

Comment

I’m thinking this deer needs to be culled.
                          What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
                            I’m thinking this deer needs to be culled.
                            What do you guys think?

If you like him shoot him is how I feel about "culling "

Comment

No such thing as a cull. Ha. More like do we need him to make it another year, is he going to do anything for us, is he going to grow into something we really want to kill?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2096.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	24600464

Like this 2/3 year old deer. Straight 12 with kickers. Do we shoot him?, hell no give him 3/4 years. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2042.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	24600465. But take this deer, is he a cull. Well yes he’s not a deer that going to do anything and he’s old as dirt. Kill him.

All that being said I think shooting anything before 5 years old is dumb. Deer do crazy stuff every year. There are several people on this site that have seen some of the deer I’m NOT shooting this year because they got hurt or had a bad year. Not trying to sound like a trophy hunter but after watching these deer for so many years I’d like to kill them on a good year.

Comment

Working...
                                X