No announcement yet.

Suggestions for arrow build for my setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just went to a heavier arrow as well. I got the pile drivers on sale at Cabela’s. Shot them and they fly great. I’ve got the 350. I noticed that too as well with the spine. Thought that was weird. I put a 100 gr insert in. I don’t have a scale, but they are 11.4 gpi at 28.5 inches. Just rough estimate on a calculator weight is about 552 with 100 gr head at about 14 FOC. Hopefully arrow something soon with them!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      I shot the fmj and didnt like em. They flew straight and hit hard, but bent easily.

I've gone to beman whiteouts.. they are heavy-ish. Put 100g top hat inserts in, along with a 125g head.. foc monster.. hits hard and very accurate. Not to mention they look cool..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      I’ve shot over 60 large animals with fmjs and maybe have had 2 bend. However I’m shooting 300s.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        I’ve shot over 60 large animals with fmjs and maybe have had 2 bend. However I’m shooting 300s.
        I was shooting 340s... I would give the 300s a shot though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot Easton Aftermath 300's. 434 grains at 27 1/4, with a 100 grain head. Reasonably priced, and shoot good. I have some arrows that are much heavier, at 790 grains, but I don't care for the trajectory...

Comment

Gold tip 340s with the fact weight system or FMJs

Comment

I just switched from a Hexx 400 at 26" 340gr TAW to GT Velocity XT 340 at 28" 382gr TAW and bumped up to ~71# and the flight and overall improvement is insane. Couldn't believe how much more quiet and smooth my Insanity is with just 40gr. Plus saving $5 per arrow helps too. After season I'll be going to 80# limbs and probably around 430-450gr TAW for next season

Comment

I had muddyfuzzy make me up some arrows a couple years ago and I've been extremely happy with them. I'm shooting around 62lbs or so and he made me some 300 spine black eagle carnivores with I wanna say a 75grain insert. With my 100 grain heads and nocturnal I'm right at 500 grains total. Multiple pass throughs into some rocky terrain and not one damaged arrow(yet anyway).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

pm muddyfuzzy.

He built me some black eagle carnivores that upped my FOC from 9% to about 17% while adding only a few grains (less than 10) of total weight. They have blown through some big pigs and everything else I have shot.

Great guy to deal with. I just told him what I was looking for (better penetration without really increasing weight as I have some shoulder issues and shoot a relatively low poundage) and he came up with a plan.

Comment

It all depends on your bow specs and draw length and draw weight if you want it pained out correctly. It’s a deep rabbit hole to go down with all the research if you want to build your own. I agree with PMing muddyfuzzy if you want it done right without any thinking. I’ve been build my own recently, if you want to bounce some ideas off me feel free to PM me

Comment

Easton hexx with 75grain inserts. Good weight and good FOC. They’re neither micro or aluminum wrapped, but they ain’t cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Is Carbon Express bassackwards or what?

I found the piledriver DS and was looking at their chart to see which spine I needed

The ones labeled as .250 are 400 spine and the ones labeled .450 are 300 spine
                        Seems like all the other arrows I have had the size marked (ie GT XT Hunter 400) is the spine also?

I would be highly perturbed if I bought some arrows and they were weaker or stiffer than what the industry standard seems to be

All of that said, any thoughts on the piledrivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Look at the carbon express meyhem hunter ds. I shoot these amd love them. I shoot the 350's and they 10.02 gpi. The 350's are a 350 spine and the 250's are a 400 spine.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Go to arrowuniversity.com

Comment

Originally posted by chichiarquero View Post
                            Go to arrowuniversity.com
                            exterminator training?

That is where arrowuniversity.com takes you

Comment

Working...
                            X