No announcement yet.

Got chiggers? Try this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little critters always get in the worst spots! Will give it a try in the future!

Comment

After the bite, clear fingernail polish works. Just brush some over the spot and let dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudey View Post
        Was it in My Big Fat Greek Wedding that the old man used Windex to cure everything?

"Put some Windex on it!"
        That's what I thought about when I heard this.

Comment

My grandmother (German) would meet us at the car for our family reunions in Walburg with sulphur in pantyhose and dust around our ankles, never got chiggers.

Comment

Just an FYI chiggers are not buried in your skin, thats an old wives tale, the red bumps are simply the result of being bitten by them. So there is no need for bleach baths, finger nail polish or whatever else. Just shower well after coming into contact with them and take some anti swelling/itch stuff.

Comment

Im tore up with them from work and the Windex really didnt have an affect on the itching

Comment

spray your shoes and pants legs with repel. you will not get them

Comment

I use windex on Bee stings...Ant bites...any inscet bite, even jelly fish stings at the beach. The ammonia in it nueralizes the venom..works great

Comment

Windex will kill ants on contact in your kitchen so you don't need to spray poison. Also flies instead of swatting 'em, and more fun to shoot them with a spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                      Just an FYI chiggers are not buried in your skin, thats an old wives tale, the red bumps are simply the result of being bitten by them. So there is no need for bleach baths, finger nail polish or whatever else. Just shower well after coming into contact with them and take some anti swelling/itch stuff.

x2.......

If the windex neutralizes jelly fish stings, then I would think it would be neutralizing the enzymes the chiggers inject during their bite..

Comment

Good lord you people are a bunch of girly girls, and manly girls. They are chiggers for goodness sakes. They itch and that about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedTx View Post
                          Good lord you people are a bunch of girly girls, and manly girls. They are chiggers for goodness sakes. They itch and that about it.
                          If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Hey Red, I'll give that a try, maybe it's the ammonia in the Windex, worth a try

Comment

Does your banter add value??

Hope you are feeling better today Cheryl!!!

Comment

Goodness. Sorry to hear that you got hurt and got chiggers. I haven't tried windex but if I ever get chiggers again I will try it. I got into chiggers one time while I was Teal hunting at Lake o' the Pines and I used bleach. It worked but was very rough to deal with.

Comment

Well, my husband got one bite behind his knee so I sprayed some Windex on it. He said it "kinda helped" which means it didn't really help, but he didn't want to hurt my feelings. I, on the other hand, have stopped taking the pain killers and am convinced that the Windex is helping, short term anyways.

Thanks for the comments. I'm feeling much better than I should considering what happened. Truly a testimony to the power of prayer. Hmm, come to think of it, I may be giving credit to the Windex instead of accepting another miracle!

Comment

Working...
                                X