No announcement yet.

Draw Hunt Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been drawn once in 10 years. I always put my dad and I on the app if it’ll let you do more than 1 person. We both got to hunt kerville. The only ones I apply for solo are pronghorn and big horn... haven’t made it in any of those yet

Comment

Last year was my 1st year applying with my son. He's 11.
      He drew Abilene SP, Chapparral, and Anterless @ SHNF, and Granger PHL

I drew anterless at Sam and Granger PHL.

Coming from TN where we have hundreds of thousands of acres of Public land withing 30 minutes of my house, I am a bit spoiled. Been scounting SAM this summer with the anticipation of not getting any draw hunts. But even then, it's a Loooooong drive from Austin for weekend hunting.

Comment

I've drawn something every year I've applied for the past 4 years.

My hunting schedule is full this year so I only applied for 2 e postcard hunts to give the rest of y'all losers a chance.

Comment

Had good luck back in the day with the youth hunts...not so much for the big boy hunts.

What time of day are the results usually available? Late?

Comment

Should have the results in by 2pm I believe.

Comment

I was drawn solo in 2003. I wasn’t drawn for anything else until 2016 Javelina as a group. A few draws for standby however. I put in for about every category as a group.

Comment

I've been drawn 15 times in 25 years, 7 times in the last 3 years. All had multiple people on the card, the only time I just list me is if it only allows for 1 name per card.

Comment

4 years of applying as solo, duo, trio and foursome. Drawn once (last year) as a trio. We only put in on the adventure style hunts (not assigned blind) so have low odds to begin with though.

Comment

I keep trying but I’ve never been drawn either. I think I have 5 entries in the categories I apply for the most.

I am not sure if it matters whether you apply solo or group. I understood the system to average points among the group and place that many entries into the drawing. So if 2 people who average 5 enter as a 2 man group, it’s just 5 entries. Not 10. Right?

Comment

Haven't drawn anything since they went to the online system in 2013, well actually did draw one last year but they cancelled it because of flooding. Have 10+ points in several categories now.

Comment

Odds? You mean there are hunts possible after I donate $150 to TPWD each year?

I’ll be.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                          I keep trying but I’ve never been drawn either. I think I have 5 entries in the categories I apply for the most.

I am not sure if it matters whether you apply solo or group. I understood the system to average points among the group and place that many entries into the drawing. So if 2 people who average 5 enter as a 2 man group, it’s just 5 entries. Not 10. Right?
                          Correct. And when you go online to the check status page it will let you know you’re group points. If you have 4 and someone else on your app has 6 they put you at 5 points

Comment

Ive been applying for as long as I can remember. Drew twice with my dad on hunts. Since Ive mixed it, up my household has drawn nearly every year for the past 5 or 6 for one thing or another. I do have 15 points for exotic though

A guy I work with draws every year also. 2 years ago he drew 6 hunts

Comment

I've been drawn twice in 8-9 years, both with a group.

Comment

I'm going on 13 years with no luck. My dad is on year 23..... We still put in every year though.

Comment

Working...
                                X