2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    Awesome, man I couldn't remember if you guys ended up there or not. We just got a new schedule and it's Dodgers-Greenway instead of the Stix.

I would stay with a -10 if you can find one. We Have a 30/25 Axe and a 30/24 Marucci, but I'm hoping someone else on the team has a -8 or -10 we can use, it's tough enough hitting with wood already, need that extra swing speed.
    DBat should have some -10 wood bats.

Comment

When buying wood bas for kids make sure you get ash. don't get talked into the harder woods. Sure you get a little more pop and less flex out of the two others but the sweet spot on ash is larger and they flex more therefore less broken bats. If your kid does not hit with wood they will break some bats and more bats when they first start swinging wood bats.

Comment

If you get the chance call Cooperstown bat company in NY and get a bat made they are awesome. Just tell them the players age and size and they will get it done. I had one made for my son last year and he loves it and hit BP everyday with that bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
          If you get the chance call Cooperstown bat company in NY and get a bat made they are awesome. Just tell them the players age and size and they will get it done. I had one made for my son last year and he loves it and hit BP everyday with that bat.
          X2. My son got one last year as well and it's been a really good bat.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
            X2. My son got one last year as well and it's been a really good bat.
            Sounds like a great idea, but I'm looking at needing one for Saturday, lol.

Comment

Buy 3. I’ve seen kids go through 3 bats in a tourney

Comment

If you can find a Viper wood bat they are really good. Several of the boys in our organization swing them and they are really tough bats.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  Sounds like a great idea, but I'm looking at needing one for Saturday, lol.
                  I've been there before! Lol. We've also purchased several from Academy and they've all been good. The Marrucci's have probably been my boy's favorites from Academy. I'd go Ash for his first, softer, cheaper, and still has plenty of pop when they barrel one up.

Comment

Warstick

Look at warstick wooden bats also... fairly new to the game but a very good product.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                      Look at warstick wooden bats also... fairly new to the game but a very good product.
                      We have a Warstic - It's still too big for him. He does tee work with it.

I'm going to make a trip to dbat and monkey sports over in Allen today. See what I can find.

Comment

2019 Select Baseball

I need a cool indoor bat rack to hang in the boys room, got any suggestions?

Also, If anybody knows anyone playing USA baseball bat rules and they have a 7/8 year old. I have a Louisville Solo 618 first release 28/17 -11, 2 5/8" barrel that has only seen a few dozen hits. I'd let it go for $80.
                        Last edited by Chad C; 02-22-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Boys came out timid to two good team last night in the fog.. fell apart way early and frankly played the worst baseball theyve ever played.
                          Tans on the bench due to his arm. Just hitting and running.. and i thought he was going to lose his 9yearold mind yelling at his teammates to get their heads right..
                          Had to quietly remind him he was the smallest on the team and to ease up just a bit lol.
                          Teammates did respond..and did their now-patented late game come back attempts..but came up short..again.
                          Gave up 21 runs in two games. 3 earned.. yes 3.
                          Not a fan of Friday night games..

Now we wait a see who we get on Sunday..

Love this game.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Boys came out timid to two good team last night in the fog.. fell apart way early and frankly played the worst baseball theyve ever played.
                            Tans on the bench due to his arm. Just hitting and running.. and i thought he was going to lose his 9yearold mind yelling at his teammates to get their heads right..
                            Had to quietly remind him he was the smallest on the team and to ease up just a bit lol.
                            Teammates did respond..and did their now-patented late game come back attempts..but came up short..again.
                            Gave up 21 runs in two games. 3 earned.. yes 3.
                            Not a fan of Friday night games..

Now we wait a see who we get on Sunday..

Love this game.
                            The little General

We were asked if we could play Friday night games for our tournament next weekend, not sure yet if we are or not.

Comment

I always liked the Friday night games. It gave me Saturday to clean up my yard and do a few things before the weekend was over.

Comment

Spent the day (from getting up at 5:45 til just now)..travelling around playing in a consolation bracket since the boys went 0-2 on friday...
                                They decided they would not be beat and showed up in every game..

Poorest ran tournament weve been apart of yet.. didnt find out who where or when were were scheduled to play until almost midnight last night.. had to get up at 5:45 to get there..then find out nations double booked us at premier and we had to go to another park..wait for them to line the fields and find umps.. got that game done..then ran to scrapyard..played..then had to wait and hour and a half past the time we were scheduled to play because they ran late, THEN they decided to let us play on an open field...
                                Had kids tired, 9 of them hurt from getting hit with pitches and sliding incidents..puking from being sick.. and they wouldnt quit.
                                Tourney sucked..but they proved something to us and themselves.
                                Tan had a horrible day at bat..bad takes and some bad calls.. wasnt too pleased with himself..especially since its all hes allowed to do.
                                Head to ortho tomorrow to get cleared to start throwing "hopefully"..
                                PT has gone great..still taking it slow..which doesnt make me his favorite person either .

Comment

Working...
                                X