• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
      I Live on 1 acre but use the surrounding 3 acres. I have an agreement that I keep them mower during growing season. My issue is I have used 3 riding mowers now and all have broken down and not holding up. I have mine in the repair shop now again and saying the transmission has gone out... Im trying to find somthing reliable or a zero turn Im new to mowing larger areas... I plan on at tax time buying a mower with a budget of $3000. I would also consider a compact tractor... please give your opinions...

I run a Ferris everyday and have had zero issues.
      It’s gonna be hard to find a new commercial type mower for that price. Maybe I’m wrong but my 36” stand on was $8700

Look into a used Ferris or Exmark in my opinion.
      Ewwww I just remembered a big lawn company by me had some of there used exmarks for sale. Let me look into that for you and they were big deck mowers to

Stand by

Comment

My research indicates Ferris is the way to go. I'm getting one next year. 72" cut for 13.6k.

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
          I know nothing on hours to how many years its been worked... hours that high dont scare you?
          They sell for twice what I have for it with over 2000 hours so it doesn't scare me a bit.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait for it.........a “Troy”built....sorry had to

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Wait for it.........a “Troy”built....sorry had to
              Ha! I see what you did there!

Comment

Scag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bad Boy MZ series is a great machine for your size property and budget.

Comment

I’ve e had a JD for over 10 year’s and she is still running strong.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                      Scag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      This .... you can find you a good used Scag for that. Get a 61” and don’t look back. The toughest mower made.

Comment

Love my Bad Boy diesel, 61” deck. Great machine!

Comment

Has anyone had an opportunity to see a JD sold at Lowe’s vs a JD sold at an ag equipment store?

Comment

Lots of good quality brands out there, but some of the commercial brands will not be available in that price range. Just take a good look at how they are built when you look at them. Go to a mower shop, not a box store. Some good ones near that range will be Bad Boy and Hustler. I have a Bad Boy and two of my neighbors have Hustler. No issues with any of them after running hundreds of hours....

Comment

Hustler had it for 7 years only had to change blade's. They have a welded steel deck not stamped like most.

Comment

i bought a hustler over a year ago and i am very happy with it,,,, i have 8 acres and mow about 3 of it, and my yard is rough from just crawfish mounds to tire ruts to hog damage, i do not think you will find many complaints on any brand,,,, but from what i have seen buying from a big chain store ( lowes, home depot, etc) is the worst way to go,,,, buy from a dealer that services what they sale,,,

i bought from a local dealer because he was also the closest by several miles he also has more mowers out in this part of the county than just about all other brands combined, i work in a hardware store and see hundreds of people per day since we carry mowers parts with belts and blades for most models no one has complained about the hustlers,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X