Victoria area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victoria area

How’s everyone’s season around Victoria looking? I have only got in a few sits but have seen some really nice deer and lots of hogs. Just curious what everyone else is seeing.

I’m in Victoria near the Victoria/Jackson county line. Been seeing some good deer but just not the ones we’re after that we’ve seen on camera. I passed up a big (for our area) 9 that would have hit mid 130’s as I have a big 11 on camera I’m after right now.

Hopefully this weather gets them moving some more. I have seen a slight decrease in doe activity compared to years past. Still seeing doe just not in the numbers I’m use to

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
      I’m in Victoria near the Victoria/Jackson county line. Been seeing some good deer but just not the ones we’re after that we’ve seen on camera. I passed up a big (for our area) 9 that would have hit mid 130’s as I have a big 11 on camera I’m after right now.

Hopefully this weather gets them moving some more. I have seen a slight decrease in doe activity compared to years past. Still seeing doe just not in the numbers I’m use to

Nice, we haven’t seen to many does lately unfortunately. I had a really mature 7 in front of me that I wanted but he was to close to his ears so I didn’t tape him. Really tall and thick just not wide. He had a really nice young 11 with him that I hope makes it a few more years.

Comment

We are in center of Victoria along the Guadalupe and it has been similar for us. Several decent bucks are coming out later than usual. My youngest shot an 11 pointer last weekend which was injured. It's lower jaw was bloody and the skin was partially retracted with saliva pouring out - Nasty. Regardless, the deer are moving and this cold front should make for some good hunting.

Comment

Forgot to mention we are northwest of town towards Cole to creek kinda

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Near nursery, very few does are being seen. A few 8-10 pointers, to young to take. Not much seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Between Smiley and Westhoff. Had about 32 sits seen 6 different bucks and one doe. 3 old mature bucks two 8' s and split brow 10. I've seen a 150 inch 12 pt 3 year old hoping he can hide out this season. He is going to be a monster if he can live another 2- 3 yrs. a friend down the road about 10 miles killed a 179 opening weekend. Hunting this afternoon and pulled cards and very few deer on camera the past week. I guess they are eating all the green winter grass and not corn.

Comment

Lots of hogs opening weekend in goliad.
                  And several middle aged bucks making scrapes.

Trying again this weekend
                  Wonder when the chasing will start ?

BP

Comment

I’m going down in the morning get there around 10:30 and plan to sign until dark. Hopefully I can catch something moving. Y’all seen any rut activity?

Comment

It’s been one of our better season for number of deer seen. Probably close to a 1:1 ratio on the small 100 acres we hunt with quite a bit of neighbor pressure.

Had one of our hunter miss a 130” 10pt opening weekend. Have yet to see him back on camera. By far largest buck we’ve ever seen on this place.

Lots of young bucks so next year is promising if they stick around.

Saw 6 does, four nubbin bucks, pigs, and decent young 8pt Meeting antler restrictions.

LOTS LOTS LOTS of pigs

Normally only had pigs in the dark past four years.

This year we’ve had pigs in daylight almost every sit.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                        It’s been one of our better season for number of deer seen. Probably close to a 1:1 ratio on the small 100 acres we hunt with quite a bit of neighbor pressure.

Had one of our hunter miss a 130” 10pt opening weekend. Have yet to see him back on camera. By far largest buck we’ve ever seen on this place.

Lots of young bucks so next year is promising if they stick around.

Saw 6 does, four nubbin bucks, pigs, and decent young 8pt Meeting antler restrictions.

LOTS LOTS LOTS of pigs

Normally only had pigs in the dark past four years.

This year we’ve had pigs in daylight almost every sit.

We’re right there with in the young bucks and pigs usually only in the dark and now showing in the day time.

Comment

What’s crazy is we always have lots of young 8,9,10’s that we see every year and then they just disappear the following year. I feel Like every year I’m saying in a few years it’s going to be great lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                            What’s crazy is we always have lots of young 8,9,10’s that we see every year and then they just disappear the following year. I feel Like every year I’m saying in a few years it’s going to be great lol.

Lol, I know exactly how you feel. We are on a smaller place unfortunately

Comment

Went and sat from 11:00 until 3:15 when I had to go meet my dad in Hallettsville. Lot of young buck cruising and it was starting to get really good when I had to leave. Scared about 4 different groups of deer on way to the front gate. This evening would have been perfect

Comment

Working...
                              X