Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browning Strike Force Extreme 22 Game Cam????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning Strike Force Extreme 22 Game Cam????

Need to replace a couple cameras......anybody have one of these? My other Brownings have been great.

I have always had good luck with Browning cameras

Comment

Love my strike forces. This is all I will buy going forward. Once the are aimed properly they are super simple to operate, take great pictures, and last FOREVER.

Comment

All 3 of my browning's have only lasted 1 year...It seems the bottom battery compartment will not stay in contact good. If I put pressure on it, it seems to work...may try to rig something.

Comment

We use alot of different cameras and brownings so far have been most reliable. Usually lasting 3+ years. The camo becomes white from all the sun bleaching and i have to replace the Fresnel lens a bunch from dang woodpeckers but they keep on trucking. Id recommend them

Comment

I bought 1 a few months ago. Pic quality is ok in the day but not good at night. Takes tons of pics of nothing. Wish I would have sent it back and stuck with bushnell trophy cam. My cheap moultries are better than this one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
              I bought 1 a few months ago. Pic quality is ok in the day but not good at night. Takes tons of pics of nothing. Wish I would have sent it back and stuck with bushnell trophy cam. My cheap moultries are better than this one as well.

I’ve got two bushnell trophy cams that are taking on water from rain alone. In westish Texas no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                I’ve got two bushnell trophy cams that are taking on water from rain alone. In westish Texas no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ok. The op asked about a specific cam and I have that one and not been impressed. My trophys cams run in the mountains and have all performed flawlessly. I forgot where I put 1 last year and a hunter of mine found it this Sept while bowhunting up there. It was still taking pics when he found it.

Comment

I have been running browning strike force cams for about 4-5 yrs. They have been the most reliable cams I have owned. UNTIL the last two I bought from cabelas this yr. They don't have the sensitivity setting like past strike force cams and I get nonstop pics of nothing during daylight times. I have cleared grass etc and still getting pics of nothing. Not sure what they changed but they sure screwed up a good thing. Gonna have to send them back.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    I have been running browning strike force cams for about 4-5 yrs. They have been the most reliable cams I have owned. UNTIL the last two I bought from cabelas this yr. They don't have the sensitivity setting like past strike force cams and I get nonstop pics of nothing during daylight times. I have cleared grass etc and still getting pics of nothing. Not sure what they changed but they sure screwed up a good thing. Gonna have to send them back.
                    This is exactly whats happening with mine. Came from Cabelas as well. Figured it was to late to send back since its a few months old. Where will you send it to? Id love to send mine back.

Comment

I don't have that particular model, but picked up a Strike Force Apex for about $130 from Academy this past summer. Good battery life & Good pics. Ive gone thru about 25 moultries over the years & figured Id try something new.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        Ooof! Hate to hear that. I don't see a sensitivity adjustment in the description either on that camera.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                          We use alot of different cameras and brownings so far have been most reliable. Usually lasting 3+ years. The camo becomes white from all the sun bleaching and i have to replace the Fresnel lens a bunch from dang woodpeckers but they keep on trucking. Id recommend them

I’ve had the same issue with birds breaking the lens. Easy to replace? Where can you buy replacements? Thanks!

Comment

Wonder if putting a delay between pictures would help with the false trips.

Comment

I've run Browning Strike Force cameras since they first came out and they are all still running except for those that have been flooded out by the Neches river getting way out of the banks.

Right now they're $119 bucks at academy if you buy online. I just got two more this past weekend to replace some 5+ year old Bushnell's.

Browning Strike Force Apex model # BTC-5HD-APX https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bro...dCatid=6991001

I haven't set it up yet so I'm not concerned that it doesn't have sensitivity adjustment. The Extreme you posted looks like it has the LED style from the previous generations which I've had great luck with and it looks to be 20 bucks cheaper. In hindsight maybe I should've gone that route lol
                              Last edited by offthemap; 11-12-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X