Chevy Duramax Trucks Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy Duramax Trucks Opinion

Considering going this Route. Those who own them how do yall like them?

Sitting in one right now going 80 pulling a heavy loaded trailer. Very comfortable and the amenities seem vast. It
    S my buddies truck and we are on our way back from Colorado. Had very bad weather over La vita pass and he had the Jake break working on the snowy,icy down hill

Comment

I like mine . On my third one . Totaled the first two . Have had 2 dodges too . To me the duramax is a better built truck . Rides a lot better . Have not had a Ford .

Comment

I have an 2004 that I love it has 265,000+ on it and no issues yet.

Comment

Got a 2019, love it. Have not pulled anything with it to speak of. Get around 17 to 20 MPG.

Comment

Have a 17 first year for the l5p engine. One of my favorite trucks. Has 36k on it. 20k plus miles were used hauling our 35 foot bumper pull camper which is only 10k lbs around colorado, utah, new mexico, wyoming, texas, and many of those trips more than once no issues I use it as a daily some but its mainly for hunting and vacations. Its a crew cab long bed work truck package, so not many upgrades features but its what i wanted.
            Last edited by doublearrow; 11-11-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

BIL just lost his transmission in his 18 40k miles or so. Now we pull heavy stuff almost every day but wouldnt have figured it would go out that soon.
              119k on my F250 pulling the same stuff and knock on wood shes still going strong

Comment

Had a 2004 totaled it bought a 2005 loved them both had loads of power and comfort
                In 2010 was talked into a 2008 super duty and it was one of the worst truck decisions I ever made absolutely a POS , went back to Chevy but a gasser , probably will never by another ford V-8 diesel . Chevy love it wish they put a Cummings In front for that Allison transmission
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-11-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I had one for awhile and it pulled like a freight train. No complaints at all.

-john

Comment

I just had the 5 yr anniversary of the purchase of my 2015. Only issue I had was a def tank heater went out. Replaced under warranty. Other than that, it’s been a tank mechanically. Just normal maintenance.

My only complaint that might lead me away from gm next time is no ac vents in the back seat for the kids. Aggravating that a truck that expensive would have it.

Comment

I have 19 owned a 17 still have an 05 all have been great. No death wobble [emoji2957]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Mines a 2013. DEF heater went out at 40,000 miles. Replaced under warranty. Only repair done. Closing in on 100,000 now. It’s been a great truck.

Comment

Had 2, still have one in “service “. I’d rather have a golf cart. I’ve never been so disappointed in a brand of anything in my life ( and I ain’t kidding)

1 motor
                          3 transmissions
                          Honest to God can’t count injectors
                          Honest to God can’t count running lights
                          Electrical issues daily
                          Stir down to limp mode since about 60k.... no dealer can figure it out
                          Needs 6” lift so I don’t high center on box turtles

They finally broke me from any GM product

Experience was with 01’ and 08’

Comment

My in-laws have an 07 2wd dually. It gets 14 mpg on the highway, unloaded, if they are lucky. Stock, pulls a cattle trailer. It’s a nice ride but $$$$ to keep it going. I drive a 16 Cummins 4x4 and see 18+ on the highway.

Comment

2015 Duramax here. No problems yet with 82k the on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X