2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colton View Post
    We had a really good opening weekend. My cousin took his best Hill Country buck. The rest of us hunted a really big framed 8. Several more shooters on camera that we hope to get on before season ends. Bberend05 will be alone shortly with pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great bucks guys!! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
        Knocked down my biggest buck off this San Saba Co. Lease. We've hunted it for 5 or 6 yrs and it has always had lots of deer just not many bigger deer.

Had pics of him all Aug and Sept. Then he disappeared, at least coming to corn he disappeared.
        This weekend was sloooow as far as deer coming to corn. Lots of new green growth and tons of acorns on the ground.
        I was sitting in my ground blind playing on my phone because i hadn't seen but 3 deer in 3 previous sits, i look up and he is crossing my opening. As soon as i laid eyes on him i knew what deer it was. He went behind a bigger tree and i move my gun/tripod and give him a couple "mehs" when he came out the other side of the tree and dumped him with my new Alamo Precision TBH special 6mm creedmoor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Congratulations on a nice buck!

Comment

Congrats on on the LDP’s guys!

Our weekend was stupid slow... Lots of people were skunked or seeing very few deer...

Comment

I did not see any sign that the rut is on at our place. They are getting frisky though. Saw a couple of middle age bucks cruising but no big boys yet. The does were not acting crazy either. I did see two fawns nursing Saturday morning, which I thought was odd for it being so late in the year. But we did get to see a lot of deer.

Comment

I hunt near Medina. I arrowed a doe and a pig this weekend. Young bucks were chasing does. I didnt see any mature deer but heard lots of shooting.

Comment

The buck activity on our place on camera has been extremely slow ever since Thursday. I'm hoping this cool front will help kick the rut off with the full moon approaching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted my land this morning in Harper even though the solunar table said it would be a bad day for critter movement. It was raining also, but i sit in a box blind. Can't shoot em on the couch. Had a good buck come in the dark under the hog light and hang around long enough to legal shooting time. A nice wide 6 pt. Dropped him where he stood. Pics wont post.

Comment

I'm hoping to get a second chance at this guy

Comment

Is he back on cam yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                        Is he back on cam yet?
                        No sir not yet, he may not want to jump into the pens yet with his leg, I may put out some hand corn with a camera in it this weekend between the 2 feeders he always goes to.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                          No sir not yet, he may not want to jump into the pens yet with his leg, I may put out some hand corn with a camera in it this weekend between the 2 feeders he always goes to.

Gotcha. Hopefully he shows up for you and you can put him down!

Comment

I'm in McCulloch County.
                            In the blind for my first shot of the 19/20 rifle season.
                            Drove 4 hours to get here hunt than go back home.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Good luck push!

Comment

My oldest shot her first deer this morning. Fun hunt sitting at a water trough and some hand corn. Saw 10 bucks and got to see a fight, and a 6 year old 8 point give an awesome snort wheeze to some younger bucks. She had a 5 year old 8 on the corn at first light but she couldn’t get steady on him. Then she decided she wanted to shoot a doe, then this little guy came out and she changed her mind haha. She shot him with the same .222 I used on my first deer that I harvested about 400 yards away. I couldn’t tell on the shot where she hit him but the buck slowly walked into the brush which I didn’t think was a good sign. We gave him an hour wait and I went down to look for sign. No blood. Thankful I followed the trail and found him piled up at 50 yards. I kept quiet and got her and videod her finding him. It was pretty awesome! She ended up making a perfect shot, destroying one lung and nicking the heart. She was pumped and is ready for the next one!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X