No announcement yet.

Lamar/Red River counties Hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here. Family trip up this weekend since we missed youth. If I can get the wife and kids motivated enough to get there before midnight it will be a miracle. Hoping for some good
    Movement. Might be the only thing that gets them off the iPads .

Comment

They are definitely on the move. In the last week I’ve had more bucks on cameras at all hours of the day than the last 3 months. Watched a nice 8 and and young 10 push doe around Saturday morning. This weekend cold front with rifle season means a lot of deer will die.

Comment

Hoping my neighbor leave the rifles at camp long enough for me to get it done with a bow. Last year it sounded like a war zone at day light.

Comment

Red River county saw em starting to chase does yesterday. Also started seeing day time bucks on camera yesterday. First day I've noticed.

Comment

Last time I checked our cameras, I had a lot more bucks moving also. I was starting to get worried, as I generally have a pretty good number of them by archery opener. Still waiting on a couple of more survivors to show, to see what they are this year, but it's starting to look great. The boy wants to try his luck with the rifle, since he took his first bow kill a few weeks ago on a nice hog. Maybe a nice doe or spike will give him a good shot opportunity.

Comment

My boy and I were covered up with deer this weekend. We saw 19 different deer with 5 of them being bucks Saturday morning south of Cuthand. The next week or 10 days is going to be on. Bucks were dogging does like crazy this past weekend.

Comment

Me and my daughter will be heading to Red River county early Saturday morning. Excited to have some good hunting weather for the first weekend of rifle season. Hasnt been this good in a few years!

Comment

Rifle opener was really slow for us north of Bagwell. All weekend i only seen 2 doe. There still allot of acorns on the ground.

Comment

I know it's early but I'm getting my feelers out for a lease out there with you guys. I can fill from 1 to 3-4 spots, looking for a family friendly lease. We will take a brand new place or fill spots on an existing place, if it's right.

Please keep me in mind

Comment

Been SUPER SLOW at our place north of Clarksville. Hoping it's just due to heavy acorn crop.

Comment

Headed out this weekend and going back on 20th. I am hoping the rut will be in full swing.

Comment

Good luck, going next weekend also. Guys last weekend didn’t see squat, hopefully they will be fired up by then.

Comment

Just got back, it's slow. Still an ton of acorns on the ground.

Comment

Lamar/Red River counties Hunting thread

Lots of good deer being taken just across the street from me between Cuthand and Johntown the last couple of weeks. I’ve seen lots on the hoof on the roads here too. I’m on stand as we speak. Can’t believe I just now stumbled across this thread.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Comment

Best luck to you, going back on Wednesday for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X