No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This lone doe was hanging around after 8 so I have her a free ride to the cleaning station.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

She was on the move when it hit her. Good job

Comment

Just got back from San Saba. Movement is almost non existent during the day around feeders. I didn't see a deer while in the stand all weekend. Acorns are beyond thick on our place & feeders aren't seeing much activity. I have them set back to 1 or 2 seconds. Even pigs are not coming much right now. That's ok ,because at least the animals are getting in good shape for the winter after the rough summer they had.

Comment

Got 2 AT&T cameras going. Big movement between dawn and 9:30 in the morning. Big boys filling their stomach. Seeing pigs at noon, and a small deer movement around dusk.

Now is the time to be hunting. I would be in a bush this morning but the stupid xbow I bought here is in the second shop in a week to be repaired. Hope these folks get it going.

Hunt now............................................... ................
          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 10-07-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Farm logs is saying .75" of rain in Fredericksburg, just wanted to see if anyone can confirm.

Comment

Got over a inch of rain in San Saba county last night.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Farm logs is saying .75" of rain in Fredericksburg, just wanted to see if anyone can confirm.
                Not sure where you are located, but we are in SE Mason County and had 0.7” average across the ranch. Farmlogs showed 0.9”, but unfortunately we were a little under that.

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                  Got over a inch of rain in San Saba county last night.
                  That is great news for sure!

Comment

This weather is too nice to be at the office, I'm headed back down tonight

Comment

Heading out there this weekend. I haven't been shooting my bow much, so I doubt I'll actively hunt anything but pigs, but looking forward to some cooler weather in the woods.

Comment

I'm headed back out there today. This is my target buck's 2018 sheds, he made an appearance last night at midnight, first time on camera in a week.

Comment

Go get him!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            I'll finally be heading up to our place this weekend.

Upper 80's doesn't sound miserable and will probably be covered up in sheep and pigs as usual. Will be somewhat of a work week also
                            About 75-80% of our Deer, Sheep, and pigs all but vanished with the acorn drop....

Hunting sucked. But was able to get the finishing touches done for the season as far as blinds and feeders are concerned

Comment

Headed out this weekend. Can’t wait for this cool front. We had a group there this past weekend filling feeders. We are north of Leakey tucked way off in the hills. I’ll post some game cam pics when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't even hunted this year. Last years 150 class buck is almost ready. Taxidermist was really sick for 2 months so it was delayed. More interested in my grandsons upcoming hunts......only because there isn't a 160+ on cams. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X