Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gburk View Post
    Hey all,
    apparently i don't have enough posts to start a thread to properly introduce myself. We live in central Tx, have been in Texas for 20 years now. Have five sons that hunt with me and two daughters that don't ;-). Lots of kids sports going on so sometimes hard to get them out in the field... high school, middle school and pop warner football right now for our three youngest.

Now to the point - I and two sons got drawn for LANWR on the Nov 15-19 hunt. I've hunted there once before, and have found the accommodations are difficult.. we stayed in Los Fresnos last time in a dive of a place that took a solid 55 min to get to. This time, i was planning to camp at Thomae park but from what i gather they just stack the tents right up next to each other so that'll be a snorefest... and it's not very close to the allowed entrance anyways.

So we have rented a 2BR/2BA condo in Laguna Vista and will have an extra bedroom and a bathroom available that I'd like to rent out. Both to split the costs and meet some like minded TBH folks. This will be a quiet place to rest up for the next day's adventures, not a party pad, so ideally we're looking for someone who's even more serious about the hunt than we are. There's a grill and what looks like a decent kitchen. I believe based on my all-in costs 1/2 would be roughly $275 for checkin 14th and checkout 19th. Based on google maps it's less than 20 minutes to the Refuge entrance.

Shoot me a PM if interested and i can provide more details. Meanwhile i'll try to figure out how to find my PMs I'd like to get this nailed down by end of month. Thanks
    Laguna Vista is the Bess option to stay. Only a few minutes away. I’ve stayed there before and again this year.
    Hopefully we can meet y’all on the hunt. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      Laguna Vista is the Bess option to stay. Only a few minutes away. I’ve stayed there before and again this year.
      Where at in Laguna Vista?

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
        Where at in Laguna Vista?
        We (GBludau) booked thru spigolfrentals.com. It’s at the SPI golf course. Literally 10 minutes from the refuge. I stayed in that same subdivision my first year.

Comment

Yes.

Guys, if you are looking for a place to stay. This is your best bet, no matter the size of tour your group.

I've stayed here before.

If you need more info I can get the details.

$700/weekly for 2bed/baths. Thats cheap for such nice amenities and SO CLOSE to the refuge.

We got a big tow house on the bay for $1,300. Sleeps 10! If you want to make a reservations let me know, if you call tell Crystal Greg referred you. She may give a TBH discount! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

appreciate it, y'all too!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
              Yes.

Guys, if you are looking for a place to stay. This is your best bet, no matter the size of tour your group.
              Not sure we'll be rolling like GBludau "on" the bay, but there looks like some muddy water in the backyard. Same neighborhood anyways

Comment

I got selected 11/-11/5 (first time applying). This will be my first bow hunt.

I have shot rifle my entire life and have had many successful hunts on Nilgai. This is going to be interesting and challenging given how tough and hard these animals are to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                  I got selected 11/-11/5 (first time applying). This will be my first bow hunt.

I have shot rifle my entire life and have had many successful hunts on Nilgai. This is going to be interesting and challenging given how tough and hard these animals are to hunt.

This is your first eve bow hunt? Clearly you know how these animals are so it will take a lil extra on public land, but it will be fun nonetheless. And hot

Comment

This is your first eve bow hunt? Clearly you know how these animals are so it will take a lil extra on public land, but it will be fun nonetheless. And hot

Yup and first public land hunt. I have been fortunate to hunt private ranches for over 30 years. I didn’t sign up for easy so I’m looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                      Yup and first public land hunt. I have been fortunate to hunt private ranches for over 30 years. I didn’t sign up for easy so I’m looking forward to it!

Dang that's awesome. No better place to cut your teeth than at Laguna. If you kill something, you will def have done dang good job. Good luck to ya

Comment

How are people handling the game once harvested? Do they offer any assistance or are you expected to haul it out?

Comment

Make TBH friends first before the hunt or you'll be hauling it yourself. LOL

Comment

Yep. Sometimes the refuge will lend a hand but don’t go expecting that.

Comment

Yep. Sometimes the refuge will lend a hand but don’t go expecting that.
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                              Make TBH friends first before the hunt or you'll be hauling it yourself. LOL

Looks like I came to the right place!

Comment

Got drawn for the general season hunt too! But I got drawn for the Balcones Canyonlands NWR on the same weekend in december. Since im stuck between the two, which do yall recommend taking the tags on? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X