Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    First year was 2 points then was drawn the next wit no points. Have no points this year again bc I was drawn fro Lower Rio Grande last year and not Laguna. Points do not help in TPWD draw system so never rely on that
    Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    then why do they have them?
    They give points as participation trophies for melenial hurt feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
      They give points as participation trophies for melenial hurt feelings.
      I agree, I don't see how the point system helps. I have been putting in for the rifle hunts for almost 20 years and have never been selected. Other hunters put in for the rifle hunts for the first time and they get selected. That just proves points have nothing to do with getting selected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
        I agree, I don't see how the point system helps. I have been putting in for the rifle hunts for almost 20 years and have never been selected. Other hunters put in for the rifle hunts for the first time and they get selected. That just proves points have nothing to do with getting selected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sure they do, those 20 points give you 20 extra chances but random is still random.

Comment

For you guys that have hunted laguna a few times, what is your water strategy for being out in the feild all day? Last year i would take a 3 liter camelback with me every morming and 2 extra water bottles. Found myself really having to ration to make it through the whole day.

Comment

Anyone know when the second drawing will be?

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
              I’ve be hunting with you that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Me and two others will be hunting that week also. We are from Aransas Pass.

Comment

Myself and the wife were drawn for the last archery hunt. I’m not too confident in her bow if she was to get an opportunity at a nilgai. She has killed white tails and I know shot placement is critical. So what are the rules concerning crossbows? Can anyone hunt with a crossbow on the refuge?

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinMears View Post
                  Myself and the wife were drawn for the last archery hunt. I’m not too confident in her bow if she was to get an opportunity at a nilgai. She has killed white tails and I know shot placement is critical. So what are the rules concerning crossbows? Can anyone hunt with a crossbow on the refuge?

Yes. Anyone can use a crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    Anyone know when the second drawing will be?
                    10 days after the first unless all accept earlier, then it will just switch to ont selected.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                      10 days after the first unless all accept earlier, then it will just switch to ont selected.
                      thanx,

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk54 View Post
                        For you guys that have hunted laguna a few times, what is your water strategy for being out in the feild all day? Last year i would take a 3 liter camelback with me every morming and 2 extra water bottles. Found myself really having to ration to make it through the whole day.
                        I thought I drank a lot of water! Lol

I usually carry 2 one liter nalgenes with me and almost always drink them both, sometimes I'll have another 2 liters on a platypus bag with me.

I'm not sure if any of the water there is fresh enough to filter and drink but I always had a steripen with me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

I usually carry 2 one liter nalgenes with me and almost always drink them both, sometimes I'll have another 2 liters on a platypus bag with me.

I'm not sure if any of the water there is fresh enough to filter and drink but I always had a steripen with me as well.
                          I do drink a lot of water lol. I was hiking over 15 miles a day laste year though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Originally posted by Tomahawk54 View Post
                            I do drink a lot of water lol. I was hiking over 15 miles a day laste year though.
                            Yea I drink a lot of water too but I get in my modes when hunting. I will go hours each day without eating or drinking. Couple packs Crackers and maybe a sandwich will last me all day. I freeze a couple bottles of water that will last almost all day.

Comment

Gettin' ready!Got one of the fabricators in the shop building me an aluminum 6' tripod, took my 12' to Aransas last year and had a hard time finding some cover that was high enough, Got some Stans for my bike tires, will try to pick up a game cart next week to build a bike trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
                                Gettin' ready!Got one of the fabricators in the shop building me an aluminum 6' tripod, took my 12' to Aransas last year and had a hard time finding some cover that was high enough, Got some Stans for my bike tires, will try to pick up a game cart next week to build a bike trailer.
                                I would make sure to bring spare tubes and flat fix. I watched a couple hunts of it posted on youtube and everyone had flats on the videos. Maybe they all used crappy old bikes, but just a heads up. Im bringing backups.

Comment

Working...
                                X