No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been watching an nice one for a few weeks which is unbelievable. We’ve never seen better than a 10 or 11 pt on our place and surely nothing with antlers like this with so much non-typical growth.

What’s your opinion on age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What county Jet?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        What county Jet?

Gillespie

Comment

Originally posted by jetboysixx View Post
          Gillespie

I hate aging other people’s deer, especially in the summer. Judging by the first picture of his head I think he’s at least 4. The other pictures he looks 3-4 to me. Hill country bucks are tough to age.

Comment

Hit the lease in Blanco county on Friday and put out 3000 more lbs of protein. Starting to turn brown out there and creeks are drying up. Could stand a little more rain in the next few weeks. Put cams out including a new cell cam so we will see what this years crop looks like soon!

Comment

Gillespie County deer bodies are so small. It's hard for me to judge them. I'd guess him at 4 though. Looks like a 2 yr old most other places, but they're so tiny there.

Comment

This little cool front has them hitting the feeders much more during the day, 66 this morning in Blanco county. Wish i would have been there to enjoy that!
                Attached Files

Comment

I finally fenced out the dang hogs so should start getting bucks back again. Going up this weekend to build another fence.

Comment

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

I’m speechless.
                    Heart is banging in my chest.

Menard Co.

Yeah...those a both triple g1’s
                    And I’m counting 14 points
                    Maybe not scorable but who cares?

Comment

Comment

Now that’s a dagger!! Great deer Bucky!!

Comment

Y’all all have some beautiful bucks. I’m glad I checked this thread out!

Comment

New cabin is finally in the dry. It isn’t going to be 5 star, but it’ll keep you out of the weather. Now to get the inside finished.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Love those kid of cabins!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                                New cabin is finally in the dry. It isn’t going to be 5 star, but it’ll keep you out of the weather. Now to get the inside finished.
                                Did you do it yourself or have someone put it up?

Looks great. I'd love to have something small like that at my place.

Comment

Working...
                                X