2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    Thanks, my buddy that owns the land was describing him to me a week or so ago and I stopped him mid-sentence and asked why he wasn't shooting it. He's got a few monsters running around there, so he's holding out for something bigger. This one went 31 and 29 on right and left, so as someone that's never shot an axis buck before, I couldn't be more happy with him.
    Really nice! Congrats!

Comment

Buuuump. Was looking dry last week then we got some great rain.

Comment

Glad y’all got some rain! We have missed most of the big rains in our part of the county, but we have been getting steady moisture. These hot days will have everything brown before long.

Comment

Here’s some photos from my last card pull a week or two ago.
          Attached Files

Comment

Headed up to San Saba in the AM. Gonna get a little cedar clearing work done . Neighbor is gonna bring his dozer over. Got some showers last week ,so that was good. I'll report up when I get home. Pics Looking good Puncher!

Comment

Nice surprise!! Pulled cards and was greeted with a double droptine. Never have seen one before especially on our small low fence property. We can’t tell if this is a new buck or one of our bigger main frames that just decided to grow droptines. Can’t wait to see how he turns out
              Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	02685DA6-AC6A-4F5B-B6D2-11881CF7FD6A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24584555Here’s more of him
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a cool buck!

Comment

A double drop buck with matching muley forks! That’s awesome!

Comment

Just got in today from spending time at the ranch in San Saba. Everything is nice & green again for a bit. Last week we were blessed with some good rain. Had 1.3 in. in gauge on gate & 1.9 in gauge at back of property. Talking to my neighbor ,he had about an inch just north of me. Deer are hitting protein hard & waterers about half empty. Arrowed a couple of hogs while there. Mainly just enjoyed some peace & quiet & took it easy. Have a few things I want to get done, but it doesn't take long in the morning to get hot. One of the few trips I actually did relax & enjoy the place instead of working. There are gonna be some Great deer this season in the country. Seeing a lot of really nice bucks. Its amazing to see what super conditions do for the herd. Lots of fawns this year.

Comment

Sounds like a successful trip!

Comment

Menard County here
                          This is our 4th season hunting and we have been working on management and supplemental feeding.

With the rain and range conditions, it should be a great season.

Comment

Great pics Bucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                              Great pics Bucky!

Thanks!!!
                              We are getting pumped!!

That sunset was as is. No filters used.
                              Took my 5 yr old son’s breath away...mine too.

Comment

I'm ready to make it back out to RS... get some more country air.
                                The 4th of July week was a fun one. Mother nature is looking good so far.

Might make it out in a week or 2. Hope to get alittle rain in between

Comment

Working...
                                X