No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for deer lease is the hill country trying to find something pretty quick. We lost our lease due to family splitting and have to be off in about a month. I have blinds, feeders, water totes, and a RV. I am ready to go. Would prefer something with a river or creek. Also looking for exotics. I have a 6 and 9 year old girls that love the outdoors. Definitely looking for a family lease. Please PM if you know of anything. I am willing to pay for the right place money is not an issue. Looking for Long Term. I could also fill a 10 gun lease if needed. You can PM me or text/call 832-621-7462 Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool87 View Post
      Looking for deer lease is the hill country trying to find something pretty quick. We lost our lease due to family splitting and have to be off in about a month. I have blinds, feeders, water totes, and a RV. I am ready to go. Would prefer something with a river or creek. Also looking for exotics. I have a 6 and 9 year old girls that love the outdoors. Definitely looking for a family lease. Please PM if you know of anything. I am willing to pay for the right place money is not an issue. Looking for Long Term. I could also fill a 10 gun lease if needed. You can PM me or text/call 832-621-7462 Scott
      Good Luck. I bet a lot of spots in SW Texas are going to be open soon. A lot of ranches are getting wiped out by anthrax right now and many hunters will leave.

Comment

Any anthrax reports around Rocksprings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
          Any anthrax reports around Rocksprings?

I'm just south of town and the closest report I've heard of is 31 miles away

Comment

Score?

Comment

We're north of town and haven't seen any signs
              Last edited by cephus15; 08-11-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                Do any of you in the campwood to rocksprings area, use anybody to deliver water to your camp? I'm looking at buying a place in that area and several of the listings I've been sent don't have water wells. I'm just curious what the cost would be and the best route to take for a long term decision.
                a lot of people catch rain water and use that.
                im catching odd of a 20X18 carport and it keeps a 2500 gallon tank full.

Comment

Our place has no water but will have cows do y’all recommend the water to bring in more game? We have lots of white tail but almost no axis. I believe there is a stock tank mainly for the cows about half a mile away. Would a “smaller” watering hole bring in other game other than the one that is already in the area? Thinking about setting it somewhere we don’t hunt to maybe keep the pressure down

Comment

2 of my cams are set up on different springs and am getting better pics than I ever have. IMO, adding a water hole/guzzler could only help. I think water and a variety of feed help attract diverse game. In addition to 4 (soon to be 6) protein feeders, our corn feeders throw a mix of peas, protein, corn, and milo. Might be soybeans instead of peas, I forget. Alfalfa is another great attractant you may consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                      2 of my cams are set up on different springs and am getting better pics than I ever have. IMO, adding a water hole/guzzler could only help. I think water and a variety of feed help attract diverse game. In addition to 4 (soon to be 6) protein feeders, our corn feeders throw a mix of peas, protein, corn, and milo. Might be soybeans instead of peas, I forget. Alfalfa is another great attractant you may consider.

Thanks man we’ve got the feed figured out I think as far as “buffet” style [emoji23] we need to add water quick for sure. Do the deer just find it? Putting in somewhere with some shade that’s a little thicker or out in the open?

Comment

Everyone pray for rain tonight at 9 PM.......... hopefully the good lord will hear one of us.

Comment

We went down to the lease this past weekend. Got good rain both Friday and Saturday which was well needed. Deer hammered the protein and we filled the protein feeders one last time for the year. Super excited for deer season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            We went down to the lease this past weekend. Got good rain both Friday and Saturday which was well needed. Deer hammered the protein and we filled the protein feeders one last time for the year. Super excited for deer season this year.
                            Nice man!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be down 674 this weekend... I'll report next week!

Comment

I was there Sat for a quick day trip. Drove through some rain leaving Uvalde on the way home. I sure hope we got some of it because my lease is scary dry.

Comment

Working...
                                X