Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar
    So definitely no spam , bacon, ham ,pork sausage, shrimp or lobster
    He is the "I will go to Costco and get sides" guy. Usually gets away with spending <$10.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      Figured you just ate everyone else’s. J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      didnt say it was mines

Comment

&quot;Mooie-A-Hass&quot;

Day hunt in South Texas 25 years ago...
        Landowner provided dinner he called "Mooie-A-Hass"...a grilled fatty cut of meat that looked like a purple tumor. Took one bite to be polite and headed to town for dinner. I later was told by a local some call it sweetbread...yuck

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
          Day hunt in South Texas 25 years ago...
          Landowner provided dinner he called "Mooie-A-Hass"...a grilled fatty cut of meat that looked like a purple tumor. Took one bite to be polite and headed to town for dinner. I later was told by a local some call it sweetbread...yuck
          Think sweetbread is the fat around the stomach. Cooked right, it's actually pretty good in tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
            Think sweetbread is the fat around the stomach. Cooked right, it's actually pretty good in tacos.
            The fat around the stomach is called caulfat. Sweet bread is actually a gland from the pancreas and is very good fried or in a gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
              hot fire torts jap cheese opas links and mustard what more do you need
              ... a comma or two?

Agreed that mollejas (or "Mooie-A-Hass" LOL) are good if cooked properly. I like them chopped up real small and crisped on the flattop. Some pico/cheese?! fuhget about it!

Man! Talk about some horror stories. I had similar problem, to a lesser degree, a few times. Instead, I have started doing all the food shopping for EVERYBODY and they Venmo me their portion of the cost BEFORE heading out to my place. It's a little different though as all of the guests are friends of mine rather than acquaintances i've met at the lease.

Once, my uncle brought balls (that's the culinary term ) from the previous weekend's castration party. Mom about fainted when he split the first open.
              Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-11-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

First time I had "Mooie-A-Hass" I thought they were chicken fajitas. **** good stuff- until I found out what I was eating...

Comment

They are good!!
                  Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                  The fat around the stomach is called caulfat. Sweet bread is actually a gland from the pancreas and is very good fried or in a gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    ... a comma or two?

Agreed that mollejas (or "Mooie-A-Hass" LOL) are good if cooked properly. I like them chopped up real small and crisped on the flattop. Some pico/cheese?! fuhget about it!

Man! Talk about some horror stories. I had similar problem, to a lesser degree, a few times. Instead, I have started doing all the food shopping for EVERYBODY and they Venmo me their portion of the cost BEFORE heading out to my place. It's a little different though as all of the guests are friends of mine rather than acquaintances i've met at the lease.

Once, my uncle brought balls (that's the culinary term ) from the previous weekend's castration party. Mom about fainted when he split the first open.
                    we talkin food here aint got time for no commas why we pausin when we talking food lol

Comment

If I may continue..... somewhat off the food subject.
                      I had previously told the client to not take any other rifles or pistols in Mexico other than his registered rifle. I noticed that he failed to remove his .22 derringer belt buckle once we in Mexico. Uh oh!!
                      Okay, so the first morning I headed out to the head of a large ravine. The client took off in an open top jeep smoking his head off and continuing his bellowing coughs. I watched a beautiful black horned 10 point that just wasn't what I was looking for. I got back to camp and reported what I had seen. The client turned into a whinny kid complaining about no deer, bad place, etc. He whined the entire time we were in camp while I had another spam sandwich. Up to this point, I had not seen him consume a single bite of food, only cigarettes and black coffee.
                      I got tired of his whining and finally told him where the black horned deer was. I knew there was no way he would kill the deer with his chain smoking and bellowing cough. I seemed to forget this guy was luckier than a three di**ed dog! He had previously killed 39"+ axis with me a couple of years earlier. Well, he killed the deer after only sitting 10 minutes at 40 yards. The deer must have thought the cough was another sick buck and came to investigate.
                      Back at camp that night I had another spam sandwich. The client ate nothing except cigarettes and black coffee. Did I mention he weighed about 300 lbs?
                      I went to bed early to try and beat him to sleep. Hard to force yourself to sleep even though I was dog tired from no sleep the night before. Around midnight I was a physical and mental wreck listening to his snoring. Sleep apnea is so inconsistent that there is no rhythm to the snoring. He finally made one long drag of breath and was silent.....for a longggg time. I remember thinking, "Well the SOB is dead, good, I'll get some sleep and deal with the body in the morning". About that time he drew in another big drag of breath. Dang, back in my truck for the second night of sleeping or trying to.
                      To be continued.....the best is yet to come!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
                        Sleep apnea is so inconsistent that there is no rhythm to the snoring. He finally made one long drag of breath and was silent.....for a longggg time. I remember thinking, "Well the SOB is dead, good, I'll get some sleep and deal with the body in the morning".
                        Had this same feeling with my cousin once. We were in a tent to climb Guadalupe Peak the next morning and I couldn't sleep a wink. He wouldn't breathe for what seemed like 30 seconds then he'd attack the atmosphere. Bad thing is he sells sleep apnea gear.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          Had this same feeling with my cousin once. We were in a tent to climb Guadalupe Peak the next morning and I couldn't sleep a wink. He wouldn't breathe for what seemed like 30 seconds then he'd attack the atmosphere. Bad thing is he sells sleep apnea gear.
                          That's the #1 rule... "Dont get high on your own supply"

Comment

the lease/camp I go to its my buddies dads place, so when he's there its like thanksgiving everyday, I probably hike a total 20 miles during the trip due to the terrain and tactics we take to get to our spots and I believe I still gain 10 pounds during the week lol

Comment

Strawberry pie.....it was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                                Strawberry pie.....it was horrible.
                                Somebody did something wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X