No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy rain for sure. Some good pictures on the RS Facebook page. There are reports of several road closures.

Comment

1.84” for us since Monday. I need to get to the ranch bad, just been so busy with work that I’ve been too tied up. Busting my *** now so I’ll have a lot of time in the fall

Comment

at CR450 and 377 there was over 5". 1.25" Sunday evening and 4.25" on Monday morning.

I did not know it so Monday morning I left San Antonio to spend a few days working out there. when I got to Rocksprings I hear about road closures on 674 and 2325 but thought that the rain was well south of CR450.

needless to say I couldn't get to the ranch and had to go back to San Antonio. The first crossing was passable, but with a lot of debris. there was railroad ties bundled together that pumpco is using for platforms, those you can see in the pictures below. They were washed away from somewhere upstream. We crossed there to find the 2nd crossing impassable. We waited 4 hours, and were able to pass that crossing only to find crossing #3 about 6ft deep.
        Attached Files

Comment

Headed to my lease tomorrow morning. Hope to see some fawns.

Comment

That’s crazy.

Comment

Fawns, Fawns!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

fill feeders and checked on my rams this weekend west of Rocksprings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
                    fill feeders and checked on my rams this weekend west of Rocksprings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      Trying to get them away from oak trees mainly. I have taken down a few when I see the opportunity to take down one or two that is close to the road that will allow us to see substantially further........ but that usually leads to one more....... then one more
                      I've been working at both cedars and cactus on my place. now is a terrible time to do it unless you're maintaining shooting lanes. I try to clear a couple acres every winter. I just use a stihl farm boss and cut my way to the trunk and cut it low.

Comment

Any body getting game cam pics yet i just put mine back out

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                          I've been working at both cedars and cactus on my place. now is a terrible time to do it unless you're maintaining shooting lanes. I try to clear a couple acres every winter. I just use a stihl farm boss and cut my way to the trunk and cut it low.
                          I have found that my Makita Sawzall with a 12" Diablo Pruning Blade is the best tool one can have for this. I hardly ever pull out the chainsaw any more.

Comment

I have some marinating on a couple trails. Need to go out and check them and move some around, add 1 or 2 more.

Comment

I've cut mine back from 11 to 8 cameras this year but I keep them out all year and check them every 3rd weekend but I was in North Dakota the last week so any new pics will have to wait another 2 weeks.

Comment

2019 Rainfall

Jan 0.14"
                                Feb 0.11"
                                Mar 0.41"
                                Apr 1.24"
                                May 3.51"
                                Jun 7.78" (Jun 1-23)

28" rain is the annual average for Edwards County, currently we are at 13.19" YTD. In 2018 we didn't get to this amount of rainfall around Sept/Oct. time-frame.

I'm hoping to make a trip this weekend and check and move some trail cams and maybe hunt for an axis if time permits.

Comment

Working...
                                X