6.5 Grendel Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel Ammo

What’s your thoughts on 6.5 Grendel ammo for hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornady 123gr SST are 3/3 on deer and 2/2 on hogs. All DRT. Buddy has had good luck with Federal 120gr soft points on deer and hogs. Good luck!

Comment

Good deer and hog sized cal for an AR. 120gr Speer Gold Dot bullets work good for me

Comment

Hornady 123 gr SST my Grendel loves them !

Comment

I've had great success with the Hornady and Federal.

Comment

Great hunting round for deer and hogs. Mine loves the hornady 123 grain stuff.

Comment

I mostly use Hornady. Have had no issues at all puttin some fairly large pork chops down with it. If it'll do them in, it will have even less issues with a deer.

Comment

I’ve used Hornady black, SST, federal fusion and some match bullets to kill animals. All about shot placement. The G is a animal killing machine.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Thanks guys. I ordered a 12” upper and just waiting on it to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hornady 123 grain SST

Comment

My daughter shot a 175 lb whitetail buck this year with a 6.5 Grendel, it ran 30 yards and fell over. Lung shot. So, it's plenty of bullet for any whitetail.

For pigs, they are all DRT. Blows up their insides.

Hornady 123 grain SST and Hornady Black here.

Comment

Hornady Black. Shoots really well and have killed several hogs and javelina's. Planning on shooting a few deer with it this year.

Comment

I load the 120gr speer gold dot and does pretty well. Plan on trying some ELD-M bullets at about 2580 fps.
                          The SST factory stuff i can never get to shoot all that well maybe 1"-1.5" at best. Hand loads are .288"-.75" with ELD-m and Speer Gold dots.

Comment

Like everyone else above says....that Hornady 123 Gr. SST is a great deer round.

Comment

Working...
                            X