The Cowboys -Tommy Lee Jones to remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite John Wayne movie The Cowboys, to be remade by Tommy Lee Jones. I hope it works!!

Tommy Lee Jones is making a continued name in the Western genre with the announcement that he will write, direct, and star in the proposed remake of “The Cowboys,” which originally starred John Wayne and was released in 1972.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again: Some movies don't need to be remade. The Cowboys is in that group.

Comment

Wonder if any is going to be filmed on his place in San Saba?

Comment

some of the great movies need to be left alone....

Comment

Good for him. Look forward to watching, not nearly enough westerns produced any more and if they make one more Wyatt Earp I may puke.

Comment

Liked me some True Grit and looking forward to this one with an open mind...

Comment

Wonder who will play Bruce Dern’s character. After that movie I never liked him except in The Burbs.

Comment

There is and never will be a Western movie as good as the original The Cowboys.

Can not replace the Duke, just like Jeff Bridges tried to do in True Grit.

Comment

He is about the only one who could pull off the role of Will Anderson. I’m sure he will do a better job than the Dude did playing Rooster Cogburn. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
                    Wonder who will play Bruce Dern’s character. After that movie I never liked him except in The Burbs.
                    Same here! I was fairly young the first time I saw it, his character scared me lol. But I do the Burbs, he played a funny character in that.

Comment

I’m skeptical but if anyone can pull it off it’s Tommy Lee Jones. It was controversial - to some - in 1972 because it showed young boys killing bad guys. I suspect this version will be watered down - I can’t imagine a studio green lighting that today.
                      Last edited by jerp; 03-02-2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I think the Jeff Bridges True Grit was more realistic and true to the book than John Wayne’s version, and I’m a big Duke fan. Can’t see TLJ as Wil Andersen though. I guess we’ll see.

Comment

Some of us millennials like the remakes. I’ve never seen a movie older than The Godfather because my wife made me watch all three of them before I married her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            I think the Jeff Bridges True Grit was more realistic and true to the book than John Wayne’s version, and I’m a big Duke fan. Can’t see TLJ as Wil Andersen though. I guess we’ll see.
                            I'm normally against remakes, but I loved the latest version of True Grit. Full disclosure; Not a big John Wayne fan so...

Comment

Oh, and how can they top Roscoe Lee Brown as Jedediah Nightlinger? He was brilliant

Comment

Working...
                              X