Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Wow....Justification at its finest.

You do know live broadcast games are on a 7-10 second delay don't you? The pitcher is on to the next pitch in real time by the time it comes around for the "live" broadcast viewer. Live broadcast is pretty useless in real time.
    I believe (I could be wrong) that he's saying that people are trying to figure out the signs, relay to the clubhouse, to help from that point on in the game/inning...not actual real time help so much as to help the players if someone gets on base and then use what they didn't figure out for themselves to help the batter. While not even remotely in the same realm of what Houston was proven to have done, it still is a load of bull in my opinion. If the players who are in the game (i.e. on the score card) figure it out, awesome...if someone else is watching the game on TV and relaying to the clubhouse and by proxy to the dugout, its just as wrong IMO

Of course a way to solve that would be to have a different set of signs for when runners get on

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Wow....Justification at its finest. Instant replay helps teams gain an advantage over another team how?

You do know live broadcast games are on a 7-10 second delay don't you? The pitcher is on to the next pitch in real time by the time it comes around for the "live" broadcast viewer. Live broadcast is pretty useless in real time.
      Yes i do know that there is a delay but that's not the point i'm trying to make here. there is no justification, its the fact that they are trying to protect something that is already compromised. it's ok for a team to watch a broadcast, figure out the signs and then tell every base runner what those signs are and then communicate that to the batter but by god don't be using some electronic device. makes perfect sense.

again, focus on the defense doing something different to prevent it instead of making some ridiculous list of ways in which it's ok or not ok for the offense to steal signs

Comment

I never was on the Astros bandwagon, but when I found out even “Orbit” was involved, it was just too much. This needs to stop
        Attached Files

Comment

Understand that its has been part of the game but having a camera (technology) in outfield zoomed in / looped to a monitor in dugout or wherever is not part of the game and is way different than just figuring out calls on the field or watching film. that's just my $0.02

Go Rangers haha, take their natty champy out of the books! Ü

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              You keep saying this but I'm reading that the investigation included parts of 2018 as well. And in 2001 the MLB issued a memorandum banning the use of mechanical devices to steal signs.

The Astros and any other team that used a mechanical device to steal signs are wrong and should be punished accordingly. Take your whippin' and move on.

Salty much?? Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

LMAO!!! That covers a lot of it!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Salty much?? Hahahahaha

Got me.

Comment

If they punish the other teams for doing it, I won’t gripe and just go along. However, the Red Sox are repeat offenders of the very thing Manfred punished the Astros for. And NY and Boston were both disciplined for it once. So their punishment (especially Boston) should be more severe than the Astros

Comment

I’m late to the party but let’s see if I can rile up the haters a little bit

Sign stealing is part of the game. Like it or not. Whether it’s with eyes and ears or cameras, every team does it from little league to the bigs. Fact. In college our bullpen coach was the guy who studied signs of other teams. Been that way since the game was created. Change your signs up if they’re too easy to pick up!

Some guys have brought up PED’s in the 90’s. Baseball didn’t do anything about it when they should have if they were going to, not later down the road. They did nothing when they should have because two of the biggest juicers saved the game when they were losing incredible numbers of viewers with the home run race in ‘98.

Cameras, video, PED’s, etc still don’t change the fact that the pitcher still has to make the pitch, the batter still has .45 seconds to make a decision and then actually hit the ball if it’s a strike, and the defense still has to make a play to get the batter out. Fact.

I can’t hardly watch baseball these days because it’s a joke with pitch clocks, no pitch intentional walks, instant replay to turn over calls, nets to block foul balls down the lines, short fences, no foul ball territory, even lower seams on the ball. The list goes on and on.

Last words... go Astros!!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post

Sign stealing is part of the game. Like it or not. Whether it’s with eyes and ears or cameras, every team does it from little league to the bigs. Fact. In college our bullpen coach was the guy who studied signs of other teams. Been that way since the game was created. Change your signs up if they’re too easy to pick up!

Some guys have brought up PED’s in the 90’s. Baseball didn’t do anything about it when they should have if they were going to, not later down the road. They did nothing when they should have because two of the biggest juicers saved the game when they were losing incredible numbers of viewers with the home run race in ‘98.

Cameras, video, PED’s, etc still don’t change the fact that the pitcher still has to make the pitch, the batter still has .45 seconds to make a decision and then actually hit the ball if it’s a strike, and the defense still has to make a play to get the batter out. Fact.

I can’t hardly watch baseball these days because it’s a joke with pitch clocks, no pitch intentional walks, instant replay to turn over calls, nets to block foul balls down the lines, short fences, no foul ball territory, even lower seams on the ball. The list goes on and on.

you sound like me with the nba...but you don't like the nets to block foul balls down the lines? not sure I follow...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          you sound like me with the nba...but you don't like the nets to block foul balls down the lines? not sure I follow...
                          Part of going to a baseball game as a spectator is catching a foul ball, the allure to getting seats up close behind the dugout and down the lines.

Comment

Part of going to a baseball game as a spectator is catching a foul ball, the allure to getting seats up close behind the dugout and down the lines.
                            I always cringe though when that line drive screams past the dugout at someone staring at their phone...

Comment

Real late, but I'll play....

Once again, sign stealing isn't the issue. If I want to look into your daughter's bedroom window, but can't see it from the ground, is it OK if I get a drone to do it?

You homers keep bringing up the PED sandal to justify the electronic sign stealing/buzzer tip-off scandal.

You don't think it's beneficial to a batter to KNOW what pitch is fixing to be thrown? Maybe that should be the punishment. The pitchers from the offending teams have to tell the batter what every pitch will be for a few seasons.

Like I said before, baseball isn't for everybody, it's kinda cerebral. Arena Football is fixing to start up, or maybe Japanese wrestling would better suit you.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                                I think they should all start batting from the pitchers mound.
                                How about slinkies on their bats.

LOTB

Comment

Working...
                                X