Astros players also cheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    I agree with 99%. The one disagreement is that in 2017 it wasn’t cheating. Does that mean I agree, no. Bc I agree with the rest of your statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old school cheating= OK
    New school cheating= Very bad.
    All about integity

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      The Astros and any other team that used a mechanical device to steal signs are wrong and should be punished accordingly. Take your whippin' and move on.
      Yep

Comment

From the Lastros to the Astros to the Asterisks

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          So what was Altuve doing and saying as he approached home plate?

He was definitely saying no and grabbing/protecting his collar.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          They almost ripped his jersey off when he hit the HR that sent them to the WS. In his post game interview he claimed his wife wanted his jersey in 1 piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            They almost ripped his jersey off when he hit the HR that sent them to the WS. In his post game interview he claimed his wife wanted his jersey in 1 piece.

Saw that....some other Astros exec said he claimed he was shy.

Both are like....

Comment

Astros' fans be like....

All other teams' fans be like...

Comment

Y’all get back to us when they take that trophy back. Until then

Astros 1
                Rangers 0

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  You keep saying this but I'm reading that the investigation included parts of 2018 as well. And in 2001 the MLB issued a memorandum banning the use of mechanical devices to steal signs.

The Astros and any other team that used a mechanical device to steal signs are wrong and should be punished accordingly. Take your whippin' and move on.
                  Yep, but why were the Yanks and Sox just slapped on the wrist for it in 2017? Why werent they hammered this severely? The good ole boy system in full swing(pun intended).

Wrong is wrong, I just hate seeing consequences for those wrongs unevenly applied.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Yep, but why were the Yanks and Sox just slapped on the wrist for it in 2017? Why werent they hammered this severely? The good ole boy system in full swing(pun intended).

Wrong is wrong, I just hate seeing consequences for those wrongs unevenly applied.

I'm good with some retroactive punishment for them too..

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

This is exactly my point on this thread. MLB turning their head and allowing Astros to be led to the slaughterhouse, while pretending it wasn’t prevalent in the league.
                      A championship we waited 60 years for is being **** on to make a virtue-signaling statement

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        Y’all get back to us when they take that trophy back. Until then

Astros 1
                        Rangers 0
                        And Houston is still Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          One of Smart's windrlickers.

This^

Obviously baseball isn't for some of you. Tradition & integrity still have a place in the game for some of us. If you think the uproar is only about sign stealing, you're missing the whole point. Sign stealing has been & will forever continue to be part of the game, and I have absolutely no problem with that. It's when your not smart enough to do it right, (using only your ears & eyes to do it, analog-style) and must have cameras, microphones, buzzers, & other electronic **** that doesn't belong. Plain & simple, that's not gamesmanship, it's cheating.
                          basis this all sports should get rid of instant replay. i would argue they were smart enough to do it right but for a weasel (spiers) to rolled over. That's the whole problem with the logic of "it's ok to steal signs just not if you use electronic devices". Either signs are fair game or they aren't. are people so naive to think that every team doesn't have someone watching a live broadcast game trying to pick up on signs and do you honestly believe that that info can't be communicated back to the club house or dug out during the game? stop trying to prevent something and work a little harder on the defense coming up with a solution.

Comment

Simple - the use of electronics and cameras undermines the intended ethics and integrity of the game. Cheating. Got caught and cannot justify.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              basis this all sports should get rid of instant replay. i would argue they were smart enough to do it right but for a weasel (spiers) to rolled over. That's the whole problem with the logic of "it's ok to steal signs just not if you use electronic devices". Either signs are fair game or they aren't. are people so naive to think that every team doesn't have someone watching a live broadcast game trying to pick up on signs and do you honestly believe that that info can't be communicated back to the club house or dug out during the game? stop trying to prevent something and work a little harder on the defense coming up with a solution.

Wow.... Instant replay helps teams gain an advantage over another team how?

You do know live broadcast games are on a 7-10 second delay don't you? The pitcher is on to the next pitch in real time by the time it comes around for the "live" broadcast viewer. Live broadcast is pretty useless in real time.
                              Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Maybe there should be a league where cheating and steroids are all allowed. Then they play the winners of the “by the book” league.

Comment

Working...
                                X