No announcement yet.

Astros players also cheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder the Rangers are bad. No one's been accused of any wrong doings!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
      I hear ya. No doubt they can hit. Pretty sure it was confirmed and not just accusations at this point though. At least that’s what the results from numerous player interviews revealed as well as coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I meant that as a general statement on the way the media works...and I don't think every single player took part in/abided by the scheme. Not gonna make a guarantee of any sorts, as no one else should either until it is proven that all players cheated, or they admit that they cheated. Others can do what they wish...I've never liked the guilty until proven innocent aspect of sports (or life for that matter), not for the PED era, Patriots situations, College infractions, this situation, or any other instance. I may be a little too believing of humanity, but I like to think the best of folks until I see proof otherwise. And yeah, I've been an Astros fan for over 40 years, I have loved them through the good times and the bad...and I hate the fact that they (organization in general) have been proven to have cheated.

And I usually try to stay out of these threads heck, I try to avoid posting in sports threads in general...some folks get too worked up over sports, and take being a "fanatic" to a whole different level. Not saying that will happen here, but its why I usually avoid posting in the CFB threads and sports threads in general

Comment

I went to Minute Maid with someone who told me all about this season before last. We found 9 cameras. They are not just stealing signs from centerfield y'all, they are stealing everything, everywhere. And storing all the footage for analysis later. The Braves have nearly as many cameras.

This is the decade of analytics. Like it or don't - it is, and it will continue as such. This will get a lot more interesting as time goes by. The instant information available to those on the inside is truly astounding to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          Ok. I’ll bite. And many won’t like what I’m going to say. But here it is.

WHO GIVES A ****???? Seriously....

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I don’t care one bit about the “cheating”. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. It’s part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. It’s part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isn’t played the same anymore. It’s about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you don’t want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Agreed. I played College baseball and sign "stealing" (if that is what we are calling it) has always been part of the game. Hell, we had a coach on the team that it was part of his job to break the code the other teams signs. Seems to me a bunch of butt hurting is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsnow View Post
            Agreed. I played College baseball and sign "stealing" (if that is what we are calling it) has always been part of the game. Hell, we had a coach on the team that it was part of his job to break the code the other teams signs. Seems to me a bunch of butt hurting is going on.

See post 59.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
              I meant that as a general statement on the way the media works...and I don't think every single player took part in/abided by the scheme. Not gonna make a guarantee of any sorts, as no one else should either until it is proven that all players cheated, or they admit that they cheated. Others can do what they wish...I've never liked the guilty until proven innocent aspect of sports (or life for that matter), not for the PED era, Patriots situations, College infractions, this situation, or any other instance. I may be a little too believing of humanity, but I like to think the best of folks until I see proof otherwise. And yeah, I've been an Astros fan for over 40 years, I have loved them through the good times and the bad...and I hate the fact that they (organization in general) have been proven to have cheated.

And I usually try to stay out of these threads heck, I try to avoid posting in sports threads in general...some folks get too worked up over sports, and take being a "fanatic" to a whole different level. Not saying that will happen here, but its why I usually avoid posting in the CFB threads and sports threads in general

Haaa. I hear ya! I’m not that big a sports fan to bother with this whole thing honestly but the days of speaking up for integrity seem to be slipping away especially is all

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                Man y’all stop the wire gossip.

In the eyes of Major League Baseball, members of the Houston Astros did not wear electronic devices to help them steal signs from opposing pitchers...

Source:MLB investigators.
                Hope that’s sufficient.
                Close thread!

Oh ya, Yankees suck roosters!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  Man y’all stop the wire gossip.

In the eyes of Major League Baseball, members of the Houston Astros did not wear electronic devices to help them steal signs from opposing pitchers...

Source:MLB investigators.
                  Hope that’s sufficient.

Warning language...you ask how it was relayed? This is old news but it sounds like you are just getting into this so...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2XNW1qHN9w&t=44s"]YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                  I agree. Let em all cheat. Going to a game and seeing 7 dingers is a blast!

Hey if everybody has the same advantage even as the visiting team, knock yourself out. But really that ruins 50% of the skill, if you will, that is hitting .....kinda spoils that aspect of the game. It's just making contact with a known pitch after that. And the pitcher loses their deception advantage....

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                    One of Smart's windrlickers.

This^

Obviously baseball isn't for some of you. Tradition & integrity still have a place in the game for some of us. If you think the uproar is only about sign stealing, you're missing the whole point. Sign stealing has been & will forever continue to be part of the game, and I have absolutely no problem with that. It's when your not smart enough to do it right, (using only your ears & eyes to do it, analog-style) and must have cameras, microphones, buzzers, & other electronic **** that doesn't belong. Plain & simple, that's not gamesmanship, it's cheating.

The traditionalists & integrity group needs to place the blame this mess (roid era too) on MLB front office for allowing it to happen. They knew it was going on since 2017 and did absolutely nothing to stop it other than issue a warning. Isn't it their job to insure the integrity of the game?

In 2017 they could have alerted each team there would be MLB officials spot checking dugouts during games for the entire season to insure the integrity of the game is kept in tact. Problem solved. .

Comment

He lost me 5 seconds in when calling a breaking ball a change up.

������

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        Ya can't hit another player in football anymore?
                        Ya get tossed out of hockey game for fighting now?
                        Nascar spends millions to prevent wreck?
                        Now ya can't steal signs in baseball?

Wussafication of America continues!
                        Funny stuff!!!!

Comment

I should have just hit the back arrow.........failed

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            So you are saying its ok to use electronic devices to steal signs or gain an advantage without the other team (visitors) having the same advantage....because the world is changin'?

Same som bitches saying this is fine were probably calling Belichick and Brady cheaters with Spygate and Deflategate. And yes.....I called them cheaters as well although the ball thing was weird.

Bang Bang...Have you not read all the reports?
                            I'm not sure how I feel really. Everyone was using PEDs so who cares. eerbody stealing signs so who cares. LOL.

Targeting calls and the lack of hitting causing scores and offense to sky rocket in football is far more troubling to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                              I hear ya. No doubt they can hit. Pretty sure it was confirmed and not just accusations at this point though. At least that’s what the results from numerous player interviews revealed as well as coaches.

They did not use wires or buzzers or any other electronic device attached to their bodies. The sign stealing was limited to the CF camera and the monitor next to the dugout. It has been widely debunked that they used devices on their bodies

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                                They did not use wires or buzzers or any other electronic device attached to their bodies. The sign stealing was limited to the CF camera and the monitor next to the dugout. It has been widely debunked that they used devices on their bodies

I was referring to the camera. Don’t care and don’t know about the devices allegedly on body and debunked. Go Texans haaaa. New coach???

Comment

Working...
                                X