X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    Figured I’d get a few bites

I had to include Breggs so I wouldn’t get called out for being an LSU fan
    On a serious note the players should be suspended if they wore the buzzers for as long as a ped pop would cost.

It’s like trying to learn someone’s tell in cards or using a camera to see the cards and using a device to relay the hand to another player. One is part of the game and the other should get you shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is there a report out there having to do with them wearing a buzzing mechanism of some sort...??

Comment

Astros players also cheated

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
      Is there a report out there having to do with them wearing a buzzing mechanism of some sort...??
      Apparently I suck and linking articles after 20k post.

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-16-2020, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

It was confetti..dodgera, yanks and red sox just got named today from a former player/coach. Esny has the article.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            10000% agree!
            I 1000000% agree also,being I played baseball all my life

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              If you're dumb enough to get your signs stolen and dumb enough to not know it's happening....the wrong manager got fired.
              And that folks.... is the good old Aggie code

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Ok. I’ll bite. And many won’t like what I’m going to say. But here it is.

WHO GIVES A ****???? Seriously....

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I don’t care one bit about the “cheating”. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. It’s part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. It’s part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isn’t played the same anymore. It’s about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you don’t want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Perfect "The End"

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  Completely agree. They are trying to stop something that they can’t prevent and it’s just part of the game.
                  What pi$$es me off are all the crybabies whining about it.
                  They are just upset their guys weren’t better at doing the same thing because if you believe for one second that ever team isn’t trying to do it then you are just stupid. Instead of wasting all this time on the guys stealing signs why not try to figure out a better way to give and hide the signs. You have to adapt as the game evolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stealing signs is part of the game, BUT USING A Video camera hidden in center field to do it, is cheating-no debate.

Comment

Like politics, sports and sports arguments makes us all idiots.

Um, cheating is wrong?

Comment

If it took "cheating" to make Astros baseball interesting, then I'm all for it. Made for some good games!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Astros players also cheated

Originally posted by SWMichFBall View Post
                        Stealing signs is part of the game, BUT USING A Video camera hidden in center field to do it, is cheating-no debate.

Pretty much this.. .. no matter how much you try to justify it in your mind to protect your team, it all boils down to this. Simple straightforward ....

And I’d be right there trying to justify it to whoever would listen for the Rangers as well.. and I’d be wrong.
                        Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Pretty much this.. .. no matter how much you try to justify it in your mind to protect your team, it all boils down to this. Simple straightforward ....

And I’d be right there trying to justify it to whoever would listen for the Rangers as well.. and I’d be wrong.
                          My thought exactly. A rant doesn’t make you right....but they pretty clearly said don’t use electronics.m - don’t recall them saying don’t steal signs. We used electronics so it’s time to pay the price regardless of who we rooted for.

Will be interesting to see if we have any hitters now

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

If This was last years Nats that did this it would be completely different discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                              Ok. I’ll bite. And many won’t like what I’m going to say. But here it is.

WHO GIVES A ****???? Seriously....

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I don’t care one bit about the “cheating”. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. It’s part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. It’s part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isn’t played the same anymore. It’s about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you don’t want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Can I get a refund? Sign stealing is common, but the issue isn't with a batter or base runner stealing a signal. It is using devices planted to steal signals and relayed by live feed to the batters. I have no issue with a base runner or batter trying to steal a sign, however this is significantly worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                                If it took "cheating" to make Astros baseball interesting, then I'm all for it. Made for some good games!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                True, when your team is in the MLB playoff, it produce a drug that is hard to match.

Comment

Working...
                                X